Honored Contributor

Re: NEW TLC MY FEET ARE KILLING ME

I enjoy watching these types of shows.  I am not one bit squeamish.  Medical procedures  hold my interest.

The poor man with the really bad case of toenail  fungus is a hemophiliac.  He had a nasty brain bleed that rendered him disabled and unable to always think clearly.When his mother passed, he went into a deep depression and didn't take care of himself, hence the really bad feet.

Another lady had surgery on her foot to remove a plantar wart and it never healed.  She has received five surgeries over the years to help her, but none were successful.  Finally, she found a doctor who could and did help her.

The lady with six toes was born that way.  She didn't ask for it.  Many people have this condition, especially the Amish.  it was interesting to see how this was corrected.

These types of shows help the person seeking help and also help others with the same conditions who feel they re alone and embarrassed about their issues.  These shows make us realize we are all human and if we do not have such issues, we are lucky, indeed.

I Prefer these types of shows to the Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars any day. At least they are educational.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty   I get Pilar cysts too.  The last time I had five removed at the same time...out patient in a hospital.  They pop up pretty often.

I was surprised to learn that they are quite common.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I can't watch shows like that.  I won't even watch the commercials for Dr. Pimple Popper.

I can't change the channel fast enough when I see her commercials.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch but saw previews and it looked gross. Dr. Pimple Popper doesn't bother me but my husband claims it disturbs him to watch it yet will watch more disgusting things like hunting shows.

I had a neighbor that was born with 6 toes. They cut one off when she was a baby and unless she'd told me I'd never have known from looking at her foot. I found it interesting. She showed me and told me about it because we were good friends. I can't believe how long the people with the growths wait to go to Dr. Sandra Lee either.

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@mousiegirl   I watched it (sorta). I do like to hear why they wait so long to see a doctor.  It must be hard to be so afraid of doctors.  Shows like this and Dr. Pimple Popper fascinate me for some reason, yeah I close my eyes sometimes, but you can learn so much.

I think people just do not know when to see a doctor..... many times I do not go see a doctor right away and wait to see if things just get better....and most times the issue just goes away....

these people may just wait too long and then they are embarrassed by the problem.  It is not always being afraid of doctors or having no way to pay.  Most of the time it is just human nature to deal with an issue yourself and not see a doctor. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honestly, I don't know who watches stuff like that.  Obviously they have an audience but I don't know people like that.     Where is the entertainment in 1000lb people, that Dr Pimple Popper show and now this foot show, which I cannot even guess is about but it must be disgusting.  I don't even watch the promos for that show.    No I don't watch shows like that, I have no desire at all to bring disgusting things into my life.  

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Last year there was a similar show called Toe Bro.  It was disgusting and I developed pananoia about getting ingrown toenails, which are gruesome to watch the removal of.  I had to stop watching the show it was horrendous.

@Grouchomarx  I knew they had another show about feet though I can't recall watching it. I had an ingrown toenail about 20 years ago. There really wasn't much to the medical treatment. I still have the nail. Maybe things have changed or this person had a severe problem.

Esteemed Contributor

There are some things that Dr. Sandra Lee does, that really should be done by a surgeon.  Some of those lipomas are really monstrous and require lots of stitches.  Those patients have to be anesthetized and that could be dangerous.  I don't think I would want her removing anything like that, but that's just me.

I also don't like it when she introduces herself as "Hi, I'm Sandra"......  She is Dr. Lee - nevermind the Sandra.  Does she really expect her patients to call her Sandra???

Sorry if I offend anyone here but I do believe she goes a little beyond in a lot of her cases.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@mousiegirl   I watched it (sorta). I do like to hear why they wait so long to see a doctor.  It must be hard to be so afraid of doctors.  Shows like this and Dr. Pimple Popper fascinate me for some reason, yeah I close my eyes sometimes, but you can learn so much.

I think people just do not know when to see a doctor..... many times I do not go see a doctor right away and wait to see if things just get better....and most times the issue just goes away....

these people may just wait too long and then they are embarrassed by the problem.  It is not always being afraid of doctors or having no way to pay.  Most of the time it is just human nature to deal with an issue yourself and not see a doctor. 

@SeaMaiden   I wait also, but if my feet even began to look different, such as we saw last night, I would go to a doctor, realizing I couldn't fix this issue.  I have cured many an issue myself, but I would think the pain alone would send someone for help.  Anway, it is fascinating, though gross, lol.

Regarding the poor woman who went through so much, obviously with doctors who didn't know what to do about the wound on the bottom of her foot, so it seems, I was so glad that it was resolved, it looked so painful.

Honored Contributor

You know I watch Dr. Pimple Popper and I love that show.

But when it comes to feet.  I'm not watching.  Something about people's feet it just turns me off.

I don't see how some of these people can walk!

I have major back pain/trouble and I know how THAT affects me even walking (a matter of I will do it).

When your feet hurt (like your back) you always hurt.

I wish I could watch it because I love stories where people's lives are made better (like Dr. Pimple Popper).

They keep advertising it when I watch Dr. Pimple Popper but I turn away.

More power to the people who can watch it.  Maybe you could come on an briefly tell some of the stories about how their lives are made better.  I just can't watch anything about people's feet.

It's not like mine are so great...just kinda normal.

My late husband had major issues about 'feet'.  He used to talk about people's feet who even had a bunion...

After a shower he'd put lotion on his feet, etc.

I often wonder  It's been 15 years now since he died.  He was only 58 and in amazing shape (muscles, etc).  But I wonder how much aging would have affected him.