Honored Contributor

I have watched every single episode of this series over the years and really enjoy seeing how people dressed and were respectful to others so many years ago. And, of course, the inventions that Murdoch comes up with are always fun to see.

My question is: Why is Murdoch so cool to the coroner, Ms. Hart? I know his wife, Julia Ogden, was the coroner, but I don't see him being dismissive to Hart because his wife, by choice, is no longer the coroner.

Did I miss something along the way to explain this differential treatment he is giving Hart. It is so obvious he is not a fan of Hart. It probably has something to do with the fact that Hart doesn't automatically drop everything in order to do an autopsy for Murdoch. He appears to think she is not thorough. Perhaps something happened in an episode where Hart wasn't thorough enough for Murdoch.

Quite frankly, I wish Julia was back to her old role.

Please enlighten me. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Re: Murdoch Mysteries on Acorn

In one of the episodes from last season she planted evidence on a corpse. She is also working with some shady guy doing things she's not supposed to in order to advance her career.  Murdoch confronted her about the planted evidence and told her he knew it happened and that eventually he'll prove it, so he was giving her a warning. That's why he's cool towards her.

I wish I could remember the name of the episodes where all this happened and the bad character she's working with, but I'm sure you'll come across it if you're catching up on your episodes. She is being presented to not be the nice person everyone thought she was, so I would assume this storyline will come up in the new season since it was towards the end of the last one that she started doing this shady stuff.

This is one of my favorite shows, too, so I'm looking forward to it starting up again!

Honored Contributor

@BluestarFL Thanks! That explains it. I must have slept thru that episode. ha! I just watched Episode 4 of the new season, which I think is Season 13 on Acorn.

Respected Contributor

I binge watched the Murdoch mysteries this weekend and can't wait for the new season to begin next month. I never picked up on the coolness between Murdoch and Ms. Hart...interesting to know and thanks for bringing me up to date. 

Contributor

So happy to know others love this show.  I love the period it is set in. The twists and mysteries keep my attention.  So well done and was so excited for season 13.  I also did like Miss Fisher's mysteries but was only a few seasons.  I also watched Miss Marple series.  Liked that also and even when they changed actresses, it was still good.  Hope in the future there will be a season 14 for Murdoch. You all might like Midsummers Murders too.  Very good and has a lot of seasons.  Give it a try.  Happy viewing to all.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandme wrote:

So happy to know others love this show.  I love the period it is set in. The twists and mysteries keep my attention.  So well done and was so excited for season 13.  I also did like Miss Fisher's mysteries but was only a few seasons.  I also watched Miss Marple series.  Liked that also and even when they changed actresses, it was still good.  Hope in the future there will be a season 14 for Murdoch. You all might like Midsummers Murders too.  Very good and has a lot of seasons.  Give it a try.  Happy viewing to all.

----------------------

I just recently found these series and am enjoying them!!  Love the stories and the sets....