Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEW SHEMAR MOORE SERIES S.W.A.T.

[ Edited ]

Did anyone watch this show? I am not impressed. Shemar Moore can't carry this show with only his looks. Hopefully, it will get better.

IMHO he should have stayed with Criminal Minds. Not much of a storyline.

Super Contributor

@elated wrote:

Did anyone watch this show? I am not impressed. Shemar Moore can't carry this show with only his looks. Hopefully, it will get better.

@elated wrote:

Yes I watched and unfortunately, not even 'Hot Chocolate' can save this show....I'll give it at least one more airing, but I do not believe it will be able to survive the cancelled status very soon.

Respected Contributor

I saw him last night on WWH with Andy Cohen and Phaedra from HWAT.

I'm sorry I watched it because I always liked him on Criminal Minds, but he talked to Andy Cohen and P. and I changed my mind.  He came across as so in love with himself, full of himself,  and a bit arrogant.  Anyway, that was my impression.

Did you see that show last night.  11/2/17.

Trusted Contributor

I always enjoyed his character on Criminal Minds, then when I saw some interviews with him, I didn't like him and the way he came across.  I think he's a better actor than he is a person!  I didn't catch the new show, so can't comment on it.

Respected Contributor

Too racially motivated for me. Basically he's the token black guy who gets to lead the team. Even he knows it and doesn't like it. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

Too racially motivated for me. Basically he's the token black guy who gets to lead the team. Even he knows it and doesn't like it. 

Yes, well, all the production companies appear to have gotten the diversity memo. Hence the Heinz 57 makeup of most shows today, whether the cast mix works or even makes any sense whatsoever for any given show or not...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Time to bring in a cameo of the original S.W.A.T.....

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BODc2NTY5NDI0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODY0NTc3._V1_.jpg

tumblr_inline_o2f0qtAtuh1t4ibi0_500.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

We watched the first 15 minutes and deleted it.  Not impressed, and it'll take more than just a pretty face to keep this show on the air.

@Mz iMac     Who's the guy in the photo?

Honored Contributor

I always watched Criminal Minds and still do.  He was my favorite.  

I did watch the first of these new shows.  I guess all of these shows are so predictable.  Ugh!  I just didn't like the way he was so macho.....I guess I knew he'd be like that (that was his persona on CM)....I was just hoping there wouldn't be so much testosterone...shoulda' known.

Of course we had to see the sexy body shot, etc.  I'll continue to DVR it so I can look at him, but I'll probably fast forward over a good part of it (like I did the first part).  Not much mystery... 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

James Todd Smith aka LL Cool J who was one of the stars in the original S.W.A.T. movie.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif