Esteemed Contributor

All things DAYS, wk of 10/30

Looking forward to the Halloween show.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 10/30

I wonder if today's show will be preempted?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick   I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, it probably will be pre-empted.  I'm hoping not though.  I'm looking forward to it.

Honored Contributor

I'm not up on the news. Under the weather. hahaha That was pretty funny. Anyway, why would it be pre-empted?

Honored Contributor

Last time we went down this road the thread got moved, poofed, unpoofed, etc.  So as to why it might be pre-empted, you can find out elsewhere.

I don't think today will be pre-empted nationally and here's why, but please, stick with me, I've been working on this post and having a hard time explaining it even though it's not that complicated:

In order to have a national pre-emption of the entire show, the first half hour of the show has to not air anywhere.  But ever since the show was moved to noon in NY and some other markets, because the pre-emptions come in the 1 p.m. hour, this doesn't happen anymore.  The whole show has already aired in NY and those other markets so there's nothing to pre-empt.  

The 12:00 people get the entire show and the 1:00 don't, they get part or nothing.  It really messes with the ratings and it messes with each individual market because some like mine don't show it at a later time or on a different station, and other markets show it on COZI or another station or around 1 a.m. and those that show it around 1 a.m. do or don't let their viewers know that so they can set their DVRs. 

(Last time the DAYS FB page was flooded with people complaining they didn't know the show would air at say 1:30 a.m., but that's their local station, not the network.)

So for the most part national pre-emptions of DAYS are now a thing of the past.  I can't say always -- some dire thing could happen that results in full coverage all day in every market, but unless that happens, no national pre-emptions.  Or at least that's how it has worked to date.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, it should not be preempted because the "big news" was on at 8 ET. 

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

Well, it should not be preempted because the "big news" was on at 8 ET. 

@MamaWick, there will be more "big news" where that came from, but my post above still applies.  Even if, say, NBC showed the arraignments or whatever at 1 p.m. the show is already airing now in NY and elsewhere as I write this, so it's a moot point.  There are no more national pre-emptions unless and until there is such immensely important news that it pre-empts the 12:00 hour in NY etc.

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I'm not up on the news. Under the weather. hahaha That was pretty funny. Anyway, why would it be pre-empted?

judaline,  we had terrible storm here in Ct. last night,  70 mph winds and tons of rain, many trees went down.  Our noon news channel on NBC is on through the Days today.  I am watching it on Cozi instead.....Abigail & Chad and Thomas look cute in their costumes!

So far it's Eve and  Elvis Presley.....aka some new actor.... so far boring.

Oh, and Claire in cat costume,   should be a pencil.....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:

I wonder if today's show will be preempted?

ours is, in Ct. the 12 show....but it's because of the bad weather last night.  I am watching it on Cozi...

Respected Contributor

Elvis neglected to remove the tag from his polyester jumpsuit.  Look at his left shoulder (when they show his back) you can see it.

He has a billards sign hanging on the wall of his cabin (behind Sami) that looks like it was stolen from the Brady Pub.