Honored Contributor

Re: My Octopus Teacher-Documentary on Netflix

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Is she interested in sea life and sea creatures?  And do you think she has an understanding of how nature works -- I mean, do you think she can handle that all wild animals have to hunt other animals to live?  I mean not all 8 year olds have the same maturity levels.  I would ask her mother about it because this documentary does depict sea creatures hunting each other for food and there is death involved.  It is an extremely moving and touching piece, but also very sad.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Is she interested in sea life and sea creatures?  And do you think she has an understanding of how nature works -- I mean, do you think she can handle that all wild animals have to hunt other animals to live?  I mean not all 8 year olds have the same maturity levels.  I would ask her mother about it because this documentary does depict sea creatures hunting each other for food and there is death involved.  It is an extremely moving and touching piece, but also very sad.  

@AngelPuppy1 Thank you AngelPuppy1....she is very mature for her age, and I think she would certainly understand, but I will ask her parents first! Thanks for answering!

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Now I'm a fan, too!!!  I admit that I did not know much about them before this documentary!  I'm so glad I watched it, even though it was really sad!

I haven't seen the documentary but I'm guessing which part of it was sad (i.e., the mother and her offspring). Is that what you're referring to?

I've read many books about octopusses but watching is hard for me, because I know what the ending will be. They're just the most wonderful animals, and I wish I could change my colors at will too Man LOL