Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,304
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.


@aubnwa01 wrote:

There's an ad for Arby's, I think it's for kid's meals, but not sure, with a really cute little girl, but I have to mute it.  There's some kind of hip-hop type music playing & this little girl makes the most annoying noises & bopping to the beat, I just can't stand it!   I think she's saying "What I Do", but not sure, as can't understand what she's saying & the squeaky tone of her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to my old ears.


@aubnwa01 Can't stand that commercial, and I really can't stand any of Arby's commercials-hate that guys voice-WE HAVE THE MEATS! Ugh!!!!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,193
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.

@Cakers3  I can't believe how bad JJ Walker looks; like he's been ill or something.  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,850
Registered: ‎06-24-2021

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.


@FLgardener wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

For me, one that just creeps me out big time is the one with the guy who is half human and half motorcycle.

 

Just why???   


These commercials, and they keep adding new versions, are so disturbing. There are real human beings who have lost parts of their bodies. Yes, put them in commercials if they wish that, but this phony junk is distasteful and disrespectful.


Those commercials are for motorcyle insurance. The tagline- For people BORN to ride- explains it all.

This commercial is not aimed at people who aren't in love with their motorcyles (and there are loads of people who are!)

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,120
Registered: ‎03-29-2019

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.


@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

There's an ad for Arby's, I think it's for kid's meals, but not sure, with a really cute little girl, but I have to mute it.  There's some kind of hip-hop type music playing & this little girl makes the most annoying noises & bopping to the beat, I just can't stand it!   I think she's saying "What I Do", but not sure, as can't understand what she's saying & the squeaky tone of her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to my old ears.


@aubnwa01 Can't stand that commercial, and I really can't stand any of Arby's commercials-hate that guys voice-WE HAVE THE MEATS! Ugh!!!!


 

 

 

 

Actor Ving Rhames does the voiceovers for Arby's.

 

 

 

Ving-Rhames-e1609182532473.jpg

 

 

 

 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,648
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.


@JamandBread wrote:

@FLgardener wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

For me, one that just creeps me out big time is the one with the guy who is half human and half motorcycle.

 

Just why???   


These commercials, and they keep adding new versions, are so disturbing. There are real human beings who have lost parts of their bodies. Yes, put them in commercials if they wish that, but this phony junk is distasteful and disrespectful.


Those commercials are for motorcyle insurance. The tagline- For people BORN to ride- explains it all.

This commercial is not aimed at people who aren't in love with their motorcyles (and there are loads of people who are!)


 

Thank You for that explanation.  That makes sense, actually.   Clearly, I'm not in the targeted audience as I couldn't imagine it making any kind of sense.   Still not a fan, but now I understand.   Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,850
Registered: ‎06-24-2021

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.


@chickenbutt wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@FLgardener wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

For me, one that just creeps me out big time is the one with the guy who is half human and half motorcycle.

 

Just why???   


These commercials, and they keep adding new versions, are so disturbing. There are real human beings who have lost parts of their bodies. Yes, put them in commercials if they wish that, but this phony junk is distasteful and disrespectful.


Those commercials are for motorcyle insurance. The tagline- For people BORN to ride- explains it all.

This commercial is not aimed at people who aren't in love with their motorcyles (and there are loads of people who are!)


 

Thank You for that explanation.  That makes sense, actually.   Clearly, I'm not in the targeted audience as I couldn't imagine it making any kind of sense.   Still not a fan, but now I understand.   Smiley Happy


You are welcome! At first I thought the commercial had nothing to do with car insurance until I realized it wasn't for car insurance. I started thinking about my cousin who is all about his bike and then it hit me!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,304
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.


@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

There's an ad for Arby's, I think it's for kid's meals, but not sure, with a really cute little girl, but I have to mute it.  There's some kind of hip-hop type music playing & this little girl makes the most annoying noises & bopping to the beat, I just can't stand it!   I think she's saying "What I Do", but not sure, as can't understand what she's saying & the squeaky tone of her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to my old ears.


@aubnwa01 Can't stand that commercial, and I really can't stand any of Arby's commercials-hate that guys voice-WE HAVE THE MEATS! Ugh!!!!


 

 

 

 

Actor Ving Rhames does the voiceovers for Arby's.

 

 

 

Ving-Rhames-e1609182532473.jpg

 

 

 

 


@Anonymous032819 I didn't know that- I really like him! Maybe the voice won't bother me so much-now that I know it's him!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,482
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.


@BornToShop wrote:

@Cakers3  I can't believe how bad JJ Walker looks; like he's been ill or something.  


@BornToShop   I thought so too.  He was very slender in Good Times but I've seen him around later in life and looked healthy and heavier.  In this commericial, though, it looks like he has lost a lot of weight.

""But tell me where do the children play"-Cat Stevens
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,482
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.

The Kraft Mac/Cheese commercials.

 

Especially with the mom chasing her daughter all over the house with something on a fork-yelling "just one more bite you are having one more bite".

 

Eat it yourself.  LOL

 

Yeah, powdered processed food will cure those awful kids refusing to eat.

 

 

""But tell me where do the children play"-Cat Stevens
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,285
Registered: ‎06-13-2011

Re: My New Most Hated Commercials.

There are so many bad commercials to choose from but the one in particular that just makes me hit the mute is the one for some credit card company that features Kevin Hart as the spokesperson.  

 

If you are a fan of his I apologize but he is so loud and obnoxious in this one that I just cannot watch or should I say listen to it.