Esteemed Contributor

My 600 lb life, 2/ 13, Brandon

Did anyone watch last night's episode about Brandon?  Finally, a person who did a wonderful job.  He was a very intelligent man, made no excuses and followed his diet to the T.  Would like to see a follow up on him.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My 600 lb life, 2/ 13, Brandon

@Patriot3, I watched and found him to be very likeable.  Even Dr. Now seemed impressed with him.  I also liked that his girlfriend was doing the diet with him.  I don't think that I have ever seen that kind of support.  I hope that he achieves his goal and we get to see it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Wonderful to see him grabbing the help offered with both hands. I would love to see a follow up.

Wishing him health and success.

Honored Contributor

Yes, and it was inspiring to see a couple embrace this process and see the changes take place in their lives.  You saw his struggles and knew how challenging this was for him, and he worked though every difficulty. Right from his first appointment with the doctor, he started a journal and wrote down every bite and did his exercise first thing in the am.  (Frequently so many patients don't follow through.) His partner was so supportive and joined in his journey. I was so inspired by this episode.  I, too, would love to see the follow-up.  I wish them the best!

Honored Contributor

I really liked Brandon, intelligent, spoke very well, and an overall great guy.  I also would like to see a followup, maybe google will have information.

Respected Contributor

He was a cut above the whiners and blame others............nice guy....

Does anyone think it odd that Dr.Now's assistant is overweight? You would think that the person would be trim given the nature of the show..

Honored Contributor

Crud!  I forgot to record this episode.   I don't set a Pass for the show because, when I have, it just records everything instead of just the 'new' episodes that I have it set for.   So I just set up the next episode when I have watched the current one.  Somehow, last week, I completely forgot.

Picking up a re-airing next week so I'll have two of them to watch.   

Respected Contributor

@Danky wrote:

He was a cut above the whiners and blame others............nice guy....

Does anyone think it odd that Dr.Now's assistant is overweight? You would think that the person would be trim given the nature of the show..

If being overweight eliminates one from working there, they would need to replace the doctor.  

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Maybe I have two shows confused, but was Brandon the one that was terrified of needles and was having a panic attack during blood work?  If so, I have never seen an adult act so ridiculous, especially a man!  That was a turn-off for me and I turned it off!

Respected Contributor

I watched this episode too and felt the same.  What a great guy.  He was so much different than the majority of Dr Now's other patients that we usually see.