Super Contributor

Movies such as Left Behind and God is not Dead

I enjoy these religious movies, but it got me to wondering if the actors in these movies find their lives changed by the subject matter. Maybe they are already Christians (like Jim Caveizel in The Passion of Christ). I thought about Nicholas Cage and Lea Thompson in Left Behind. I know nothing about either's personal lives so have no idea their belief systems. Many actors have been in the older movies such as Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments or King of Kings. It would be interesting to find out some of the stories behind these movies.

Super Contributor

Re: Movies such as Left Behind and God is not Dead

Is it necessary to accept their role in these movies ?

Valued Contributor

I pass!

Respected Contributor

I don't know the answer to your question, but maybe you can find an interview on Youtube of Nicholas Cage or Lea Thompson being interviewed for "Left Behind." One of them may have mentioned if the movie impacted his/her life in any way.

On a side note, I've read the movie has received less than positive reviews. I think the earlier "Left Behind" movie with Kirk Cameron also received "bad" reviews. I've never read the book, but for some reason have always been curious about it.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

Probably, if they are good actors, they are no more affected by roles in these movies than if they played a vampire or Satan in another movie.

I do know that Kirk Cameron was very involved with religion and the beliefs in the Left Behind series BEFORE he made the movie which is why he made it and others.

Valued Contributor

HopeQ1: I've read most of the books and while I never pictured Nicholas Cage as the protagonist, I'm a big fan. I don't feel he needs to be religious for me to watch him in this role, he's a good actor. I suppose if he were uncomfortable with the subject matter, it might make a difference to him, but as long as he does a good job onscreen that's all I care about. Same goes for Lea Thompson.

Pianomama: It would be interesting to find an interview with them where they discuss these roles. I also have no idea what their religious leanings are or if this film subject affected them in their personal lives.

Valued Contributor

I saw left Behind to day and I liked it, and thought Nickolas Cage was great. The other actors were good too.

I do know that the Passion of the Christ...changed lives. I saw an interview with many of the actors(such as Peter.) Also the woman that played Mary is Jewish but has great respect for Christianity.

Roma Downey and Mark Burnett are making a move for tv called A.D. and also are doing a remake of Ben Hur.

Esteemed Contributor

I all know is from my own personal experience from having the close calls and out of body experiences that I've had. Where do these people dream up that stuff?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust