Valued Contributor

Movie Recommendation? Office Party?

Can anyone please recommend a good movie that's showing?  Looking more for comedy or action and something family-friendly (not raunchy).

Office Party looks funny; but, I did not see the first one so I don't know if it's less family-friendly. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Respected Contributor

Re: Movie Recommendation? Office Party?

I haven't seen "Office Party" and don't plan to.  I read reviews in the newspaper and the bottom line was that it tends to be very raunchy.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @Big Sister.  I had not read any reviews yet -- what you replied was very helpful!  Good to know.

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

Can anyone please recommend a good movie that's showing?  Looking more for comedy or action and something family-friendly (not raunchy).

Office Party looks funny; but, I did not see the first one so I don't know if it's less family-friendly. 

I saw it as part of our after-work "party" before dinner.  It was so silly.  

I do love Jason Bateman, and Jen Aniston is always cute in movies.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I'm planning to see "Collateral Beauty."  I think it's being released tomorrow (Dec 16) in most areas, and features Will Smith, Keira Knightly, Helen Mirren, Kate Winslet, Edward Norton (and others).  It's about a man who's grieving the loss of his daughter, and writes letters to Death, Love, and Time. You can google for more info (I don't like revealing a lot, in case others don't like to know too much - like me - before they see a movie). 

Another movie that I plan to see is, "Manchester by the Sea."  It features Casey Affleck, Michelle Williams, Kyle Chandler, Gretchen Mol (and others).  It's about a guy who cares for his nephew, after his brother passes away, and has expressed in his Will his wish for his brother to have guardianship of his son.  

"Manchester by the Sea" has received better reviews than "Collateral Beauty," but I still plan on seeing both.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

I'm planning to see "Collateral Beauty."  I think it's being released tomorrow (Dec 16) in most areas, and features Will Smith, Keira Knightly, Helen Mirren, Kate Winslet, Edward Norton (and others).  It's about a man who's grieving the loss of his daughter, and writes letters to Death, Love, and Time. You can google for more info (I don't like revealing a lot, in case others don't like to know too much - like me - before they see a movie). 

Another movie that I plan to see is, "Manchester by the Sea."  It features Casey Affleck, Michelle Williams, Kyle Chandler, Gretchen Mol (and others).  It's about a guy who cares for his nephew, after his brother passes away, and has expressed in his Will his wish for his brother to have guardianship of his son.  

"Manchester by the Sea" has received better reviews than "Collateral Beauty," but I still plan on seeing both.  

Manchester by the sea is fantastic!

Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

I want to see both of these as well as I believe its called Fences with Denzel and Viola, it looks so good!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I have seen Allied which was very entertaining as well as Manchester by the Sea.  Both good choices.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I have seen Allied which was very entertaining as well as Manchester by the Sea.  Both good choices.

I agree.  These were the 2 I was going to recommend.

Brad Pitt was quite handsome in Allied.  Casey Affleck is top notch in Manchester.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Julie_23 wrote:

I saw it as part of our after-work "party" before dinner.  It was so silly.  

I do love Jason Bateman, and Jen Aniston is always cute in movies.

ETA:

I'd not go again.  It was silly and lame.

Allied was good and Manchester was fabulous!