Esteemed Contributor

Re: Millionaire Lottery Dream Home

@bootsanne I am sure David is happy with his looks.  I think he looks good.  Funny that the way other people look would make you unhappy.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman I don't think people who are intolerant are free.  It must be terrible to be burdened by intolerance.

Regular Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

I don't quite get tattoos.  My next door neighbor is a world renowned tattoo artist and I've seen quite a bit of his work.  What he does is magnificent, but personally, I'd put it on canvas rather than on people's bodies.  When tattoos became popular (again), most people were going with one or two here or there.  Now people are covered from their necks to their toes and some even on their faces.  That gives me the creeps.  I often wonder what these people will look like when they get old.  One young person told me he doesn't worry about it because he's sure there will be an invention by that time to safely remove tattoos.  Yikes.

David from MLDH is the kind of guy you either like or not.  I can take him in small doses, but I do think he has excellent taste and can decorate a home beautifully.  I enjoy seeing how some of the winners choose to spend their money.  Most are pretty conservative and don't purchase anything that's too over the top.

that is what I like they are not spending all their winnings on a house its refreshing 

First of all, I wonder how much they really get after taxes if they only win a million. Secondly, I wonder how some will pay the property tax on some of these homes. All I know is in Seattle winning a million after taxes would get you very little. I am always amazed at what you can get in other parts of the country for so much less.

I saw a House Hunters episode where the family was moving to Seattle and their budget was $850,000. They soon realized they had to up it to $1.2 million and didn't get much for it. (The median price in Bellevue is $1.08 million!)  Every time we watch shows like Fixer Upper, hubs says we should move. 

Football is my favorite season.
Honored Contributor

I love David's personality. He seems so sweet! I don't care for his tattoos, but it isn't my body, so..........

I don't even see them anymore, I look beyond that, and he is so likeable, and charming I dont have a problem watching him at all..... 

Honored Contributor

It seems like everyone who has cut my hair in the past 15 years has one arm tattooed.  All ages.

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling the tattoos aren't the real problem here based on other people the OP has complained about.  And I'll leave it at that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@bootsanne wrote:

I am not going to attack the op.  She's allowed to have her opinions.  But I do find that when I watch any show, including MLDH, when a host becomes more of a focal point than what they are presenting, it does cause distraction to me.  I can't remember any of the houses but I can still see all the tattoos.  It's the same for me on the Food Channel.  Guy Fieri, Johnny Weir, some guy named Jason, Sonny Anderson and a whole bunch of contestants are so flamboyant,  the shows are more about them than what they are showcasing. And if people are naive to believe that even in this day and age we aren't judged by our appearance,  you're wrong.  Outwardly they may say looks don't matter, but for political correctness, they keep their true feelings inside.

People are free to judge others for whatever reason, but it's kind of difficult to determine what appearance is being judged and who decides what is acceptable and what isn't. Times change. 

@RainCityWoman 

*pssst* 

"appearance" is code for anti-gay.

Possibly. Nothing would surprise me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

Im hoping Joanna Gaines gets to take over the show once she starts her new Magnolia Network. For those of you who dont know, Joanna and Chip are starting a new network next year and some of the HGTV shows are moving over.

Why should she? I don't even think she would me interested is traveling all over to find people homes, especially when she would not be designing them. She has 5 kids to concern herself with.

Honored Contributor

I love David and really enjoy the show.  @Reever   why don't you think real hard and try to come up with a positive post (other than about Dan Hughes--he's the only one you seem to like).

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@RainCityWoman I don't think people who are intolerant are free.  It must be terrible to be burdened by intolerance.

People are free to judge and DO so all the time. I don't think I mentioned tolerance or intolerance in my observation. My point was that judgement of someone's worth by his or her appearance is arbitrary.