Honored Contributor

Re: Megyn to leave fox for nbc? It kind of looks that way

Megyn's much-hyped primetime special a few months ago tanked in the ratings.  It was a Barbara Walters-style celebrity interview show.  I didn't think it was very good.

I'm glad she wants to spend more time with her children and not miss seeing them off to bed, etc.   However, I don't think she's going to be nearly as popular over on NBC.

Her "it girl" moment seems to be at Foxnews.  She really should have taken a lesson from Katie Couric's career.  Foxnews was very eager to keep her.  IMO it would have been better for her, in terms of a career move that accommodates being with her children more, to have gone back to  a daytime show at Foxnews.

Respected Contributor

@Helen47 wrote:

I've read where Kimberly Guilfoyle "may" take her time slot...

I could see that. KG drinks the company koolaide and follows along with whatever they want and whoever they deem viable to push their agenda.

I used to like her but she evolved into one of their robots.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Wow.    If Megyn "screams" then let's add Hannity, Bill O., and Tucker Carlson to that list because those men are obnoxious-always talking over their guests and pushing THEIR point until the dead horse raises its head and says "ENOUGH!"

I believe FOX offered Megyn $20 million to stay, not NBC. Obviously FOX felt that they are losing a valuable anchor.

Apparently she wants to move on and all the best to her.

Greta was  the only real journalist, imo, as far as the female anchors.

And Outnumbered is just an eye candy filler until the real news comes on.  Seriously.

FOX has very little to offer that is bearable to watch.  Neil Cavuto and Bret Beir(sp) are ok but the bulk of that station is filled with repetition of the most mundane topics; serious interviews are few and far between.

Odd how Megyn is slammed but the men are given a pass.

I agree. Tucker Carlson and Hannity are angry angry men. O'Reilly while also loud at least his books are interesting.

Honored Contributor

I read that Judge Jeanine Pirro will take her place, but who knows. I don't watch Megyn, but I was chanel surfing one night and heard her talking about how she has armed guards watching her 24/7. It just sounded nuts and I turned it. 

Honored Contributor

You are  making a lot of assumptions about giving others a pass. This article is only about Megyn and no one else.

Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

You are  making a lot of assumptions about giving others a pass. This article is only about Megyn and no one else.

I agree we are talking about Megan leaving.  Most cable news shows no longer have journalists.  Shepherd Smith who is supposed to be hard news offers an opinion on everything from football to politics and everything in between.  I can't stand the shouting over each other male or female.  Turn on CNN and some of their panels are like WWE.  Bill, Hannity, Tucker aren't disguised as anything but what they are opinion shows.  Megyn & Shepherd pretend to be hard news but they are opinion shows as well.  Greta was the last real journalist at Fox.  She was old school which I like.  

Honored Contributor

@milly1 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I agree we are talking about Megan leaving.  Most cable news shows no longer have journalists.  Shepherd Smith who is supposed to be hard news offers an opinion on everything from football to politics and everything in between.  I can't stand the shouting over each other male or female.  Turn on CNN and some of their panels are like WWE.  Bill, Hannity, Tucker aren't disguised as anything but what they are opinion shows.  Megyn & Shepherd pretend to be hard news but they are opinion shows as well.  Greta was the last real journalist at Fox.  She was old school which I like.  

@milly1  I don't think Megyn's show was an opinion show.  She seemed to me to always argue both sides, depending upon whom she was talking to.   If a conservative, she'd raise more liberal viewpoints, and vice versa, playing devil's advocate.  I don't know her politics at all, nor for whom she voted in the presidential election.   However, departing for NBC leads me to believe  she leans liberal.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read that Judge Jeanine Pirro will take her place, but who knows. I don't watch Megyn, but I was chanel surfing one night and heard her talking about how she has armed guards watching her 24/7. It just sounded nuts and I turned it. 

@colliemom4 wrote:

Love Judge Jeanine P.   I also like Waters and O,Rielly.  Judge J used to be a guest occasionally on the View, but not last year.  Hannity in very small doses.  He did have an interesting interview last night with the Wikiup founder.  Until last year, I never watched FN, but NBC, ABC, and CBS, doesn't,t tell you anything.  I do watch them for local news, with it,s drive by shootings, house fires, weather, etc. ,but not much in the political arena.  Maybe David Muir will go over to FN, ha.  I do watch him.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll wait and see before offering an opinion on the NBC move. I read that she is actually making less at NBC than what FOX offered her. I'm sure NBC offered plenty but it appears that they offered her the kind of programs she sought. I don't watch FOX so I don't know much about MK so I'll reserve judgment until I see what happens on NBC. True journalists, like Walter Cronkite, for those old enough to remember, are sorely missing on TV. The talking heads have been so very wrong so many times. I think that they should just tell us what happened and we can draw our own conclusions.

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Love Judge Jeanine P.   I also like Waters and O,Rielly.  Judge J used to be a guest occasionally on the View, but not last year.  Hannity in very small doses.  He did have an interesting interview last night with the Wikiup founder.  Until last year, I never watched FN, but NBC, ABC, and CBS, doesn't,t tell you anything.  I do watch them for local news, with it,s drive by shootings, house fires, weather, etc. ,but not much in the political arena.  Maybe David Muir will go over to FN, ha.  I do watch him.

I don't know how you can watch her. She often times sounds like a blubbering blow hard. Plus she never corrects her inaccurate accounts of things and allows her followers to attack anyone with a different POV.  I actually so her live on the view several times and she is not much better in person either.