Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I watched Mary Tyler Moore from her early days on the ****** van ****** show and followed her through her own wonderful show. In her later years she lived in an adjoining town to my daughter, who saw her at local restaurants on occasion. Sadly, MTM suffered the effects of diabetes and she was in rough shape for years before she passed.

I see that the powers that be censored my remarks, eliminating the name of a famous comedic actor. That is just nuts!

@Vivian It’s built in the program. No ones sitting around looking for certain words. 

Honored Contributor

Oznell - the Minister was John Harkins. 

You know who I noticed was in two episodes of Mary Tyler Moore? Penny Marshall. She had small roles, once she was a patron in a popular singles bar that the WJM news team visited. Well as soon as the people in the bar found out that the TV cameras were going to film them, everyone emptied out of the bar. So when the report was put on the air - no one was in the bar.

Another time, Penny Marshall was Mary's neighbor across the hall in Mary's new apartment. Her roommate was Mary Kay Place.

I try and watch the show but don't always remember. I hope FE TV continues showing it. I seem to forget about Bob Newhart Show too. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @KLevineFan.  I do know that.  I don't agree with them having an automatic program that eliminates those words because they have also acquired slang or obscene meanings.  If I were a guy with the perfectly good name "D i c k" I'd not want it to be de-legitimized by a program that can't discriminate between the acceptable and unacceptable versions.

I like your screen name-- bring back Kathy Levine! 

Honored Contributor

John Harkins--  thanks, @drizzellla!

I think Penny Marshall was so good in each of those little roles she had on the shows you mentioned, @drizzellla.   She could have made it as a regular on there!

Honored Contributor

Penny also was on some of Odd Couple episodes. Her character was Myrna. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, oznell!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

John Harkins--  thanks, @drizzellla!

I think Penny Marshall was so good in each of those little roles she had on the shows you mentioned, @drizzellla.   She could have made it as a regular on there!

That is what I was wondering as I watched. Were they trying to make Penny Marshall and Mary Kay Place a comical "Rhoda" neighbor  type team. But they only appeared together in one episode.