Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at first sight January 2020 - spoilers possible

So was anyone really surprised?  I think we all had it nailed as to what the decisions would be.  

Brandon is a real piece of work.  He hated the cameras and production staff and Taylor loved it.  Both were not taking

it serious.  I think Pastor Cal had a bit of a crush on Taylor.  It was like he couldn't see her fault in any of this.  

Michael's body language showed surprise and shock when Meka said divorce.  He needs counseling before pursuing another relationship.  He needs it for himself and the poor girl he hooks up with next.  Meka is smart and intuitive.  She will find the right person someday.

Derek didn't get any prize for a wife and she is never going to be happy with him.  Poor guy.  He deserves so much better.  

I think Austin and Jessica's drama was staged because their relationship was running too smooth LOL.  

Zach and Mindy were over from day One.  They probably had to fulfill their contracts by showing up on decision day.

The clip after the show where they were all in a bar (except Brandon) supposedly finding out what decisions were made, how long after decision day was that?

I see that the next set of couples is already taped and will be starting soon.   Oh my.........

The experts are a joke (except maybe Dr. Vivianna sp?).  This must be a big $$$ maker for them.  I doubt if they have much to say about choosing the couples. 

The reunion show next week is 5 months after.  The clips show a bit of drama - of course.  Zack and Mindy looked like they had makeovers LOL.  His hair and glasses, Mindy's heavy makeup.  

So what did you think?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs, IMO, you hit the nail on the head.  Agree with you.

Brandon had quite the attitude as he entered the room; way too pompous for me.  Taylor really likes herself a lot and doesn't see that she did anything wrong (or maybe she doesn't want to admit it).  And I agree with you about Pastor Cal and her.

After what Katie said (and of course she had to be her negative self), if I had been Derek, that would've been it for me.  The good guy he is gives positives about her.  He deserves so much better. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, nothing unexpected here.

Such a sap I am - I cried when Austin told her that he did, indeed, love her.  They are so sweet.  I hope they have a happy life.

I also wish the best for Derek and MIndy.  Two lovely people who got badly skrewed in this whole thing.  

Katie - ugh,  Derek is so sweet and kind.  She doesn't deserve him and I have little doubt that she will skrew that up.  Smiley Sad

The rest of them - it's all been said.  I do hope that Meka finds happiness.  Yeah, ITA that he looked rather shocked when she said no.   You put somebody who is up front and honest with somebody who just wants to hide and it's not going to go well.   Hey, I'm an expert!  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm getting predatory vibes from Katy.  The kind of personality of a cat with a mouse, enjoying the play knowing full well she has every intention of devouring Derek in the end.  She wants time to better camera-prove herself so very smart and that she took the high road at every turn but sadly, Derek was ever the boy.  Viewers will then understand her reuniting with boytoy #1.  

Wasn't her signing on to MAFS a manipulation of #1?  And it worked, didn't it?  She even spoke to him through the MAFS cameras more than once if not off camera, too.  This girl is as clever as any feline, she just was not ready to retract her claws last night.

Esteemed Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I'm getting predatory vibes from Katy.  The kind of personality of a cat with a mouse, enjoying the play knowing full well she has every intention of devouring Derek in the end.  She wants time to better camera-prove herself so very smart and that she took the high road at every turn but sadly, Derek was ever the boy.  Viewers will then understand her reuniting with boytoy #1.  

Wasn't her signing on to MAFS a manipulation of #1?  And it worked, didn't it?  She even spoke to him through the MAFS cameras more than once if not off camera, too.  This girl is as clever as any feline, she just was not ready to retract her claws last night.

Wow, I never caught that, @Free2be .  Katie was speaking to boyfriend #1?  Not that I doubt it for a minute.  Derek will rebound and up with a sweet girl that he will love and be loved back.  His radar had to be telling him not to fall in love with her......deep down inside he knew she was trouble.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

So was anyone really surprised?  I think we all had it nailed as to what the decisions would be.  

Brandon is a real piece of work.  He hated the cameras and production staff and Taylor loved it.  Both were not taking

it serious.  I think Pastor Cal had a bit of a crush on Taylor.  It was like he couldn't see her fault in any of this.  

Michael's body language showed surprise and shock when Meka said divorce.  He needs counseling before pursuing another relationship.  He needs it for himself and the poor girl he hooks up with next.  Meka is smart and intuitive.  She will find the right person someday.

Derek didn't get any prize for a wife and she is never going to be happy with him.  Poor guy.  He deserves so much better.  

I think Austin and Jessica's drama was staged because their relationship was running too smooth LOL.  

Zach and Mindy were over from day One.  They probably had to fulfill their contracts by showing up on decision day.

The clip after the show where they were all in a bar (except Brandon) supposedly finding out what decisions were made, how long after decision day was that?

I see that the next set of couples is already taped and will be starting soon.   Oh my.........

The experts are a joke (except maybe Dr. Vivianna sp?).  This must be a big $$$ maker for them.  I doubt if they have much to say about choosing the couples. 

The reunion show next week is 5 months after.  The clips show a bit of drama - of course.  Zack and Mindy looked like they had makeovers LOL.  His hair and glasses, Mindy's heavy makeup.  

So what did you think?

I completely agree about Pastor Cal having a crush on Taylor and finding no fault in anything she did.  That girl is no innocent.  She is an adorable girl but really needs to taper down on those extensions. 

Agree with everything you said about everybody.  I do want to add I read that in fact Brandon was at the gathering after, they just excluded him from the shots.

I also believe Brandon that production delayed him getting to work.  I don't condone anything Brandon did but I think they knew what buttons to push to get good footage and went for it.  Based on the fact that they are advertising what a crazy seaons next season will be I think they have moved on from trying to find good fits to making good television.

And I know I sound like  a broken record but Pastor Cal needs to go. 

Katie really thinks she is something.  She probably just stayed with the marriage until she found the next guy.  Either back with the initial guy or a new one. 

So now the big question is, let's vote on who we think are the two who thought about exploring a relationship.  I can't remember how it was phrased.  Did they hook up?  Date?  Or just talk about it?  My guess is the girl is Taylor, but I wonder if it was Derek or Zach.   Thoughts?

Respected Contributor

I hope Katie watches the show & sees how she acted towards Derek. To me she is spoiled & not ready for marriage. Hope she goes back to her old boyfriend & realizes how nice Derek was to her. Read that Mindy & Zach have been hanging around eachother but maybe friends or dating not sure. Next week is the reunion show & where they are now after decision day which will be interesting. Not sure when but think it is soon new season in New Orleans. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom The girl for sure is Taylor.  I can see it being Derek after Katie throws one of her tantrums - not that it makes it right.  I can see Zach maybe, but who would get to look in the mirror?  Remember at the couples retreat when Taylor had a little talk with Michael????  The look she had on her face when she was retelling the conversation to Meka was so sly and insincere.  Maybe Michael..........but he would just lie about it Woman WinkWoman Tongue!  Maybe Dr. Cal???  Just kidding.....

It is time for Pastor Cal (spiritual advisor???what??) and Dr. Pepper to be on their way.  

Respected Contributor

I read that Brandon & Michael were last minute fill in guess the guys they picked opt out. Why those 2 even signed up for the show is beyond me. Mika really wanted to find a husband Taylor just wanted to build up her following on insta gram. Most of these couples never last. Glad for Pillow Talk to see other seasons of the couples that did last.

Respected Contributor

I have no guesses who paired up but I guess we'll find out. 

My problem with the reunion show is that they don't have the 3 "pros" there and a host Kevin Frazier.  I don't have a problem with him; however, IMO, the 3 pros should be the ones that are all there.

I'd like to hear what they have to say upon hearing the updates.

I also agree that it's time for Pastor Cal to take a break.  I don't know if anyone saw the other show he has on after MAFS, but it's called "Bride and Prejudice".  It's a different type of show that involves 3 couples and trying to convince their parents to support them getting married.  Some are interfaith, another couple with 2 moms not supporting and another couple with the girl's mom not liking that he's got a mother from Noko.