Respected Contributor

Married at First Sight Boston

Is anyone watching the latest season of Married at First Sight set in Boston? My first impression was that this was a solid group of people, but the cracks are starting to form. What's up with Alyssa? Chris seems like a genuinely nice guy. I'm guessing it's because he's not the macho cowboy with the eagle tattoo that she wanted.

Regular Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight Boston

@skyblueBoston isn't the latest season. Think that Boston season might have aired three years ago. After Boston, there was San Diego, Nashville, and Denver (which is the current season that is airing -- Season 17).

To answer your question, Alyssa is...a character. No telling what her true issues were. She wasn't exactly forthcoming on-camera and seemed pretty emotionally volatile & immature all-around. Not sure she was a good fit for the show, and I think the "experts" need to do a better job screening for overall mental health/stability (though I recognize that fragile people probably make better TV for them).

Esteemed Contributor

@Zoe wrote:

@skyblueBoston isn't the latest season. Think that Boston season might have aired three years ago. After Boston, there was San Diego, Nashville, and Denver (which is the current season that is airing -- Season 17).

To answer your question, Alyssa is...a character. No telling what her true issues were. She wasn't exactly forthcoming on-camera and seemed pretty emotionally volatile & immature all-around. Not sure she was a good fit for the show, and I think the "experts" need to do a better job screening for overall mental health/stability (though I recognize that fragile people probably make better TV for them).

I watched the MAFS Denver for the first time yesterday. I never got into this series but whoever was matching these couples did a horrific job. There was not one couple that looked compatible. It looked like a bad romantic movie with bad actors. When does this series come to a conclusion. 

Regular Contributor

@elated 

Not sure Lifetime has officially commented yet on when the Denver finale will air, but the season is said to have 20 total episodes ending with their "decision day." There is some blogger speculation that the finale would air in April, but that seems like a very long season if it began airing in October.

Sometimes it feels as if the show has become a parody of itself. Kind of like those comedic stage shows of famous TV shows that exaggerate scenes for effect with very over-the-top acting/characters.

Respected Contributor

@Zoe wrote:

Thanks, @Zoe ! I'm watching on Netflix. I saw it promoted as "new". 😅

Honored Contributor

Denver, season 17 won't last until April, I'm sure.  Episode 10 just finished last week.  Worst season ever.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)