Re: Looks like I’m the minority, but I can’t stand Beth Dutton

That's funny, I'll look her up!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I don't see how to do that. ☹️

Honored Contributor

@mdgrammy wrote:

She acts like such a bad axx and the way she talks to that 14 yr old boy makes me cringe. 

but I love the show!

@mdgrammy 

I also had no idea who you were referring to until I read the other posts.   Most shows need to have a character or two that are meant to be unlikeable .... obviously this actress is doing a good job with the dialogue she is given.

Trusted Contributor

I look at her character more as being emotionally damaged from everything she has been through in her life. I believe her mom died when she was young, her brother had her sterilized without her knowledge when she was a teenager so she wants to be a mother but doesn't know how. I think most of her badass attitude is to keep from getting hurt. But she is definitely not one to mess with. I like her character but don't always like the designs she makes.

Respected Contributor

I know no one named Beth Dutton. I guess that's a good thing.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   good reminder for all of us .  I think many people we see on TV are playing a role as they interpret that role and what their producers and directors ask of them.  Who they would be if we knew them outside those roles?  sometimes I am curious, sometimes not at all

Trusted Contributor

@mdgrammy   

You are not alone.  I don't like this actress in anything I have ever seen her in.  I do not like the Beth character as well.  

Honored Contributor

I love Yellowstone and I think Kelly Reilly (Beth) does a phenominal job at her role!

She must be doing something right as here we are discussing her, LOL!

Respected Contributor

I think she's talented. In  total juxtaposition, she also played the wife in "Heaven Is For Real". 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

From Wikipedia-

Beth Dutton, a financier and John and Evelyn's third child, and only daughter. Although well educated, highly intelligent, and a master manipulator, Beth is bitter, emotionally unstable, and suffers from a substance abuse problem. She is loyal to her father and in love with Rip Wheeler. 

My guess is the actress, Kelly Reilly is doing her job since the OP has such strong feelings about the character.  The character Beth Dutton is not meant to be a likable character.