Valued Contributor

Re: Little House On The Prairie

I have seen most of the shows.

When it was being filmed in the 70's and 80's, somehow my family was able to see where it was filmed. 

I read all the books --really liked the books.

I have seen some of the Waltons.

I enjoyed the Gilmore Girls.

The show that my husband and I watch in reruns even though it just ended its series last year is Big Bang and then Last Man Standing is always a good one.

Respected Contributor

Heart this show especially when the children were younger and Mr Edwards was involved. I watch many episodes over and over. Hallmark Drama Channel often runs marathons of the show.
Valued Contributor

I loved the Waltons, but I think it didn't hold up as well in the later years. Re-casting JohnBoy was a big mistake, in my opinion.

Then, it was very weird when they replaced Mary Ellen's husband, Kurt. I didn't like that story line at all.

I still enjoy the show as a whole, though.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

have not seen or heard from the actress Melissa Gilbert  who played Laura for YEARS.  Seems like she just dropped off the celebrity page.  She remarried in 2013.  Surprised she has not done more lifetime movies or such like so many other TV show actors have turned to. She was a very good actress in the parts she played.

---

I remember seeing Melissa Gilbert as a contestant on Dancing With the Stars, but that was a long time ago. 

Prior to that, she became very heavily involved in the Screen Actors Guild. She defeated Valerie Harper in an election for president of the union many years ago, and served in that position for several years.

I think she even ran for US Congress a few years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Michael Landon fan and enjoy Little House reruns. Friend sent me a joke last week -- NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY LAURA INGALLS WOULD GET SO EXCITED WHEN SHE'D GET TO GO INTO TOWN WITH PA.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Enjoyed Little House very much.  I would watch re-runs again.

Nellie Olsen-what a brat!  LOL

Gilmore Girls-once was enough although I did watch the sequel.

Waltons-very early episodes were ok but the Grandmother annoyed me. Too self-righteous.

Also enjoyed Highway to Heaven.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Heart this show especially when the children were younger and Mr Edwards was involved. I watch many episodes over and over. Hallmark Drama Channel often runs marathons of the show.

@Kindaglitzy   Do you get the COZI channel?  It is on every day for two-three hours

Trusted Contributor

My husband prefers Little House and I prefer The Waltons. We watch both shows whenever they’re on. I believe we have the entire Little House collection on dvd. 

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl Yes, thanks for mentioning about COZI channel. I do get it but for some reason they don’t call it that on Cox Cable, it is channel 803 on my cable. On their website they have a short video called “Real Housewives of Walnut Grove”! LOL.
Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
@mousiegirlYes, thanks for mentioning about COZI channel. I do get it but for some reason they don’t call it that on Cox Cable, it is channel 803 on my cable. On their website they have a short video called “Real Housewives of Walnut Grove”! LOL.

How cute, Mrs. Olsen would be the boss of the show lol.  Her character is so funnySmiley Happy