Esteemed Contributor

I know there is a thread about this in Book Club, but I'm starting this here because we just finished the Apple TV 8-part series.   It is the best thing I've seen in a long time.  Perfectly cast and acted.  I'm thinking I will be reading the book by Bonnie Garmus.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Valued Contributor

I just finished it yesterday too. I loved it! 

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Frequent Contributor

I loved the series and watched it twice...which I rarely do. I had read the book a year ago and thought it was great too.

Be forewarned, the series is "based" on the book but doesn't follow it in places. I've heard some people didn't like that but it didn't bother me at all. The acting is superb in my opinion. I actually liked the changes as it added to the storyline. 

I loved both the book and the series.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lessons in Chemistry

[ Edited ]

From the net:

Lessons in Chemistry (2022) is a bestselling novel by Bonnie Garmus about women’s lives, careers, and struggle for empowerment in the late 50s and early 60s. It follows the story of REMOVAL OF LINK, a brilliant chemist who is forced to become a television chef when she finds herself a young, single mother.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have watched four episodes so far and am really enjoying it. 

Trusted Contributor

I liked it  didn't love it.  I read the book and it was one of my favorite books so of couse I didn't like the show as much as the book. 

Respected Contributor

I loved it. Loved.