Esteemed Contributor

About halfway through the series run, Julia Roberts made a guest appearance. At the time, she was dating Benjamin Bratt, who played Lennie Briscoe's police partner. And not only did S, Epatha Merkerson make an early appearance as a one-time character on L&O but Jerry Orbach did as well. I think that Annie Parisse, who played an ADA for one year, also appeared in an earlier episode. Incidentally, I think Ms Parisse's brother is married to Sam Waterston's daughter.

Honored Contributor

Jerry Orbach played an attorney.

Ms Merkeson(sp) played a very poor downtrodden cleaning woman. ( I remember her but not what she did).

Annie Parisse was a stripper.

Anyone remember when Arthur from Dougie was on? He was an attorney.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

I have seen most of those people mentioned here.  Right now I have 31 episodes to watch....again (lost track how many times).

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

In an early episode, Julie Roberts played a high class call girl.  Her clients were politicians.  Her fee-$2k/night.  This was years before her Pretty Woman movie playing a street hooker. Smiley LOL

@Mz iMac  Julia Roberts was in Pretty Woman in 1990.  In 1998 she began dating Benjamin Bratt, who was Lenny's partner on Law and Order.  Sometime while she was dating him she was on Law and Order.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

Thanks for the correction.  I could have sworn Julia was on L&O long before Pretty Woman.  That woman never ages=Miss Dorian Grey.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif