Honored Contributor

I like this also, watched last year,and watching this year.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor
Celia is childish -she wants it all about Celia. The new son is nothing to do with her. She is a bit jealous. Why would she care if the first wife,who did a dirty trick on Celia, had an unfaithful man. It was selfish to stay away from her daughter's wedding.
Respected Contributor

@Nicecupoftea wrote:
Celia is childish -she wants it all about Celia. The new son is nothing to do with her. She is a bit jealous. Why would she care if the first wife,who did a dirty trick on Celia, had an unfaithful man. It was selfish to stay away from her daughter's wedding.

I agree 100%!

I wonder if Gillian is going to ask her "new" half brother for a job.  For some reason, the interaction with Gary (?) and his wife seemed strained to me but, time will tell.

I just found out that Derek Jacobi who plays Alan is gay in R/L.  He marched in the Chicago Pride parade last week. Just an interesting side note.

Valued Contributor
Yeah, there will be a season 4!!

And, we aren't going to like what happens in next week's episode.
Honored Contributor

I love this show, too.  And I agree Celia's attitude is very bothersome.  It makes me wonder what the actress thinks about having to play such a selfish character.

Great news about the new season to come.  Thanks for the info.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I'm not happy about Celia's behavior either, but I think it shows that all the characters are flawed, human. Alan cheated, Jillian has had some ill-advised flings (not to mention the "accident" with her husband), John is immature, Judith is an alcoholic, Caroline has been uptight at times, etc. We are all flawed. Basically, I think that is what this show is about: how we all have to figure out our relationships with others and forgive despite everyone being less than perfect.

If everyone behaved and made good choices, it wouldn't be a very interesting show, would it?