Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Last Snoopy Thanksgiving!

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Its all about control, more and more things are being controlled, as we as people are.  Its very scary, I feel sorry for the future generations.  Snoopy not being shared, now that is a sad thing.

@Imaoldhippie  TV as we used to know it has been changing for years. I remember staying in a motel an you had to put a quarter in it to watch. Then rumor started going around that in the future we would have to pay for tv. I was so shocked at that. I just couldn't imagine. Then cable came about and I understood the whole thing, I couldn't wait to get cable and pay. The world evolves. Either go with it or stay behind. Your definition of control and mine are totally different. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Its all about control, more and more things are being controlled, as we as people are.  Its very scary, I feel sorry for the future generations.  Snoopy not being shared, now that is a sad thing.

Couldn't agree more.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Imaoldhippie  TV as we used to know it has been changing for years. I remember staying in a motel an you had to put a quarter in it to watch. Then rumor started going around that in the future we would have to pay for tv. I was so shocked at that. I just couldn't imagine. Then cable came about and I understood the whole thing, I couldn't wait to get cable and pay. The world evolves. Either go with it or stay behind. Your definition of control and mine are totally different. 

I don't think it is at all about control.  We can still choose to watch and pay for it or not.  What it does have to do with is money.  These networks buying certain tv programs or producing movies, tv shows, etc., and making a person buy to watch it is all about them making money off of it. 

I don't begrudge any company for trying to make money, which in turn provides jobs for people.  It is basically our own decision if we choose to pay for it or not.  I have Comcast Cable and will gladly pay for that.  But, I will not buy into shows, tv series, movies, etc, from places such as netflix or apple,etc.,, but that is my decision.  Just as those who do purchase from these companies have the right to make that decision themselves.  As I said....it's all about the money to them, not control, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Such a shame that everyone cant see these shows for free....I had many students who had no access to cable or internet at home....so few decent shows for children of all ages to enjoy....Apple doesn’t do anything for free....that’s a fact!
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Just Snoopy & not the rest gang?

proxy-image-1.gif

@Mz iMac 

From my understanding, the franchise was bought!Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

The animated features of "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", "The Elf on the Shelf" and "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" were on last night.  I recorded all 3 on a DVD disk and will record the "Charlie Brown Christmas" when it comes on in December.

Valued Contributor

I caught Charlie Brown Thanksgiving last night.Snoopy and Woodstock were too cute.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was only available on AppleTV already.  I'm not a fan, but I'd hate for it not to be available to the masses that are fans.

Honored Contributor

This is just the beginning....more and more shows and specials will be moved to these streaming services that you have to pay for and I predict we will be paying just as much as we did for cable to see our favorite shows in the near future....JMHO (Apple TV, Disney Plus, Peacock TV are just a sample...)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”