Honored Contributor

I heard on the news that Snoopy has been bought by Apple TV and this is the last time it will be aired on networks!

I hate that the Snoopy specials won't be avalible to everyone easily.  Let's not lose the gentle, good things.

Honored Contributor

Re: Last Snoopy Thanksgiving!

Just Snoopy & not the rest gang?

proxy-image-1.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I heard this at Halloween so we were able to use our roku stick to get it on YouTube(Great Pumpkin). Alot of shows are found there.

Charlie Brown Thanksgiving hopefully on there too as we will watch it next week.Hope this helps anyone.

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving.

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought it on DVD to preserve it.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy   I downloaded all of them from YouTube then burned onto a DVD.  All for FREE!

Never heard of Snoopy Thanksgiving "cartoon."  I've only seen "Snoopy Thanksgiving" as a float at Macy's TG parade.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

My favorite part is when Snoopy is wrestling with the chaise. Sorry it's no longer available for all to see. BTW, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (from 1966) is on Fri. night at 8p.m. ET on NBC, also Santa Clause is Coming to Town is on ABC at the same time.

Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

My favorite part is when Snoopy is wrestling with the chaise. Sorry it's no longer available for all to see. BTW, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (from 1966) is on Fri. night at 8p.m. ET on NBC, also Santa Clause is Coming to Town is on ABC at the same time.

@catter70 ...Thanks for the heads up on these upcoming shows.  I have a DVD recorder and will record these to keep in case they decide to stop showing these in the future on free tv.....I hope they don't do that.  BUT, I am also recording the Charlie Brown ones also to keep.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac girl, my son is a Mac Head and can do all that! Me, not so much!

I found a DVD with Peanuts Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas specials on 1 DVD.

Preserving an innocent, old school holiday tradition before that disappears, too. 🤐

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   On the Washington, DC PBS station--WETA-- it is being shown tonight from 7:30 to 8:00.  Description says it was made in 1973.

I agree about it being unfortunate that it is leaving free, commercial TV stations.  

But a lot of the parents of today know all the different techniques to access these shows when they move to other "platforms" unlike me, a grandma who had to explain to my grandson why he had to sit through a commercial on one of his programs and he--not yet four years old--was trying to explain to me how to use the remote as his parents did and I told him I wasn't going to mess up their "presets" or whatever between the television and the remote.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Honored Contributor

Its all about control, more and more things are being controlled, as we as people are.  Its very scary, I feel sorry for the future generations.  Snoopy not being shared, now that is a sad thing.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)