Honored Contributor

LIZABETH SCOTT SUSPENSE FILM WEDNESDAY 12:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

tumblr_pqa2udjiMj1trkd46o1_500.jpg

Wednesday, 12:30 p.m. Eastern--  "Pitfall"    Lizabeth Scott, D i c k Powell, Raymond Burr, Jane Wyatt, John Litel, Byron Barr, Ann Doran, Jimmy Hunt, Selmer Jackson

"Pitfall",  another mid-day film scorcher!   Considered one of the most potent film noirs.  D i c k Powell is restless, but seemingly happily married (to Jane Wyatt).  He's a smart, somewhat cynical insurance man who must investigate a crook's model-girlfriend, and he unexpectedly falls for the vulnerable beauty.  Little does he know that an unscrupulous private eye (Raymond Burr) is also obsessed....

pitfall-movie-three.jpg

Terrific suspense, as the danger mounts for tiny, exquisite Lizabeth Scott.   There's a surprising, heightened chemistry between dry, witty Powell and the bruised and sympathetic Scott.  Raymond Burr's performance as the detective is always singled out as being so ominously skillful, and completely opposite to his later "Perry Mason" characterization.

36CE5CD5-BDE0-4833-B0DB-7A69C0F7DB1A.jpeg

This acclaimed noir is so good, I try always to alert it when possible.  Every character is so interesting, including that of the wife, Jane Wyatt--  you get more with each viewing in this complex film.  That's why I got my own DVD copy!

pitfall.jpg 

Honored Contributor

Re: LIZABETH SCOTT SUSPENSE FILM WEDNESDAY 12:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

The twin of that photo I posted upthread that had D i c k Powell's shadow in it, but this one has Raymond Burr!  Lizabeth Scott was a photogenic wow.

apiytet8i__87080.1626639860.jpg

Honored Contributor

Raymond Burr had quite a career before Perry Mason.  I'm pretty sure I've seen this one but will watch again.

BTW, @Oznell, good to see you posting on these boards.  Wasn't sure if you had migrated to the new one.

Honored Contributor

It never fails.  I read Lizabeth Scott's name and remember the jokes on the TV circuit during her heyday.

"Lectric Shave, Lizabeth Scott et al."

Honored Contributor

Good movie. Burr is kind of weird and creepy, but, in real life we would know he wouldn't had cared about Scott at all. LOL

I think Oznell is on both boards I only come in now rarely. have to sign in 500 times and see all those ads. who needs it.

Honored Contributor

Hey, thanks, @kaydee50 --  it's good to see you here too!  I'm still here, and now I post a little on the TCM Forums too, which are fun also.  Haven't ventured to Proboards yet.  I didn't really want to be on more than one site, if I could avoid it, but....  If Q stays, I'll stick with it mostly-- if it doesn't, then maybe move.

@SharkE,  I'm not on Proboards, but it sounds like you are?  Those nice people were fantastic to set it up so quickly! It sounds good, but like I said to @kaydee50 ,  I didn't want to be on a lot of sites.  When Q boards finally do fold, I'll have to make up my mind....   Would love to see you on TCM forums--  have you checked out their Horror threads? 

Honored Contributor

No, I'm sticking with ProBoards they meet my way of life. I explain over in 

'Fashion'

You can keep me up to date. I just check in here a little I moved up in the world. 

Respected Contributor

I will be watching. I tripped and fell today and my side is sore. A good noir movie is just what I need.

Honored Contributor

Oh, no, @Catiele ,  so sorry to hear that.  Feel better, rest up, and enjoy your movie, which should be right up your alley.

Honored Contributor

It's good. And "dry and witty"-I like that. I might add droll. Love him. It's always predictable with Liz. Same role, different movie, hahaha.