Honored Contributor

Re: LIZABETH SCOTT SUSPENSE FILM WEDNESDAY 12:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@SharkE wrote:

No, I'm sticking with ProBoards they meet my way of life. I explain over in 

'Fashion'

You can keep me up to date. I just check in here a little I moved up in the world. 

Hi @Sharke!  I had to go over to Fashion to see your reasons for liking the other boards better. 

I guess board accessibility is one good reason for you.  I only have to sign in once each day.  I never have to sign on '500 times a day', only if I choose to log out after I've browsed here.

I don't get pop ups ever on this board, it's just pure forums.  No sidebars or whatever they're called.

Never got notifications about how many people were buying, either.  Unless it's only when you're in purchasing mode you see this?  

The Ignore button sounds great though.  Is it like the one they used to have here where you did still see the *ignored poster* in a copied thread?  So really you couldn't ignore someone's existance.

It's nice to see you here @SharkE 

@Oznell  Please excuse me for interupting your thread!  These were just questions my *inquiring mind* had to know!  And I know sharke would answer me honestly.

Not sure if you saw the thread, but house cat was asking about a scary movie--with no blood or gore--for a friendly movie night.  I thought you would have some good suggestions.

I am seriously thinking about going to the TCM boards, but haven't even checked it out.  One problem--we don't get TCM here!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Guess you live a exalted life @Lucky Charm  My Mac will only remember my username (unless you clean history all the time like I do then you have to retype it) and have to type in Password ALL THE TIME. No **** pop ups over there AT ALL.

I can go back to talking about my favorite subject (besides jewelry) the Royals. Unfortunately, one of the people I dislike with a passion is over there , too, but, I've used the options available to de fang her. When you

block somebody it will say "hidden post" you know it's your snake, I don't let it "display post"?   I go to myself "hale no". She can blow all she wants and I skip over it and talk to the ones who I choose too.

don't know if you know it, but, my husband died 6-12. I don't need to see c#ap from people I don't want to interact with. I got enough to keep me busy with all U have to contend with when somebody dies.  I got 3 on block status. It's like having a bodyguard.

come over to ProBoards you won't regret it.

@Lucky Charm 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy little side convos, @Lucky Charm --  no worries at all!   And it's good to get all the info we can on the ongoing Q forums saga. 

I can see why @SharkE is so happy with Proboards-- sounds like there is a lot of freedom there, plus those highly prized threads on royalty that seem to fare not too well over here.  I'll miss you here, @SharkE -- hope you keep checking in, as much as you can stand to!

I'll probably stick around here until/when it peters out, then make a decision about Proboards.  Hey, glad you're also thinking about TCM threads, @Lucky Charm .   You don't have to stick to movie topics at all.  They have raging political threads, threads about what you are currently reading, etc.

It's fun.  The one thing I'd probably miss there, over time, is the home stuff, interior decorating, etc.  The male posters over there seem to be more active than the female ones (at least, that's what I've picked up so far),  so there's less interest in more frou-frou topics like interior design, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I enjoy little side convos, @Lucky Charm --  no worries at all!   And it's good to get all the info we can on the ongoing Q forums saga. 

I can see why @SharkE is so happy with Proboards-- sounds like there is a lot of freedom there, plus those highly prized threads on royalty that seem to fare not too well over here.  I'll miss you here, @SharkE -- hope you keep checking in, as much as you can stand to!

I'll probably stick around here until/when it peters out, then make a decision about Proboards.  Hey, glad you're also thinking about TCM threads, @Lucky Charm .   You don't have to stick to movie topics at all.  They have raging political threads, threads about what you are currently reading, etc.

It's fun.  The one thing I'd probably miss there, over time, is the home stuff, interior decorating, etc.  The male posters over there seem to be more active than the female ones (at least, that's what I've picked up so far),  so there's less interest in more frou-frou topics like interior design, etc.

Thank @Oznell .  You are a living DOLL.Heart

oOOOH nOOOo!  Raging political threads would drive me crazy.  I don't even like discussing politics with like minded people.  I have my beliefs and don't need to discuss with anyone---I'm good.

I have been reading a lot of good books lately.  Autobiographies.  Ginger Rogers, Lucille Ball, Don Rickles (--hilarious), three books by Orson Bean.  Have any to offer up as suggestions?  (No fiction--please.)

Hmmm, male posters, more active at TCM.  Maybe I'll sashay over there...lol.

I love reading your threads.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Guess you live a exalted life @Lucky Charm  My Mac will only remember my username (unless you clean history all the time like I do then you have to retype it) and have to type in Password ALL THE TIME. No **** pop ups over there AT ALL.

I can go back to talking about my favorite subject (besides jewelry) the Royals. Unfortunately, one of the people I dislike with a passion is over there , too, but, I've used the options available to de fang her. When you

block somebody it will say "hidden post" you know it's your snake, I don't let it "display post"?   I go to myself "hale no". She can blow all she wants and I skip over it and talk to the ones who I choose too.

don't know if you know it, but, my husband died 6-12. I don't need to see c#ap from people I don't want to interact with. I got enough to keep me busy with all U have to contend with when somebody dies.  I got 3 on block status. It's like having a bodyguard.

come over to ProBoards you won't regret it.

@Lucky Charm 

Hi @SharkE , yes, I knew about your dear husband. 

I started a thread over in Kitchen back in July asking for you or if anyone had any idea what was going on.  I was shocked when you replied with the sad news.

No, I don't lead an exhalted life (doesn't that mean rich/ritzy?).  Heck you have a Mac, I'm using a HP that was a TSV last month (in rose gold!). 

So that tells you right there!  I don't have Apple anything except for Fugi apples in a bowl!  Isn't Apple $$$$?  I can't be trusted with a pricey laptop....lol.

Honored Contributor

LOL didn't mean 'rich' life, but, just no hassle, hassle free life.

Oh yeah, I remember you now over in Kitchen. After somebody kicks you wouldn't believe how your mind gets discombobulated all over the place.

Your on the road to this and that lawyer trying to obtain documents so you can mange your own money, etc.. Certify this , certify that, proof of this, get people to help you that say they have known U for yrs and will sign that they do.

Yeah, I  got a Apple Mac Mini and a apple laptop. I ditched Windows couple of yrs ago. a pox on that lot. LOL

How's that SOLID gold bracelet, bangle was it ? Think I got the right person.

Honored Contributor

You have such interesting taste, @Lucky Charm --- Orson Bean was very interesting, such a quirky, smart individual!

You may have read these already, @Lucky Charm , but these autobiographies or memoirs are some of my favorites, that you might like too:

"A Moveable Feast".   by Ernest Hemingway.     His vivid account of his life in Paris as a young writer, the people he knew, the mistakes he made, his creative development, romantic relationships, etc.   The Parisian artistic world of that time is just riveting!

"Mrs. Harris".     by Diana Trilling.     A very personal, scathing, fascinating account of covering the trial of Jean Harris, famous for killing her diet doctor /  lover,  Dr. Herman Tarnower (author of the Scarsdale Diet).   Diana Trilling is my favorite essayist and social observer, ever.  She was brilliant, and had no use for bowing to the sacred cows of the day, whatever they might be.  Any subject she touches is instantly fascinating!

Anything by Bill Buckley, Thomas Sowell, David Horowitz.  Oh, that reminds me, Horowitz's massive book on the Rockefellers that he did years ago, is still a good read.

"West With the Night".    Beryl Markham.     She was a glamorous, trailblazing English flier, what used to be called an "aviatrix",  who became a bush pilot in Kenya.  Wrote like a charm, "West With the Night" is widely admired and is chock full of her adventures.

"Stormy Weather--  The Life of Lena Horne".  by James Gavin.    THE definitive biography of Lena Horne.  Oh, and Lena's daughter, Gail Lumet Buckley, wrote a fabulous family memoir,  "The Hornes-- An American Family".

"The Year of Magical Thinking".     Celebrated author Joan Didion's account of her writer-husband John Gregory Dunne's sudden unexpected death, and her daughter Quintana's mysterious, debilitating illness, and what she went through coping with both.  Harrowing, and, because it is Joan Didion, expertly and surgically written.