Honored Contributor

I have watched her for years and I do think she is talented. One thing, though, is that she doesn't seem to know when to keep her mouth shut on certain topics. It has always been her Achilles Heel.

She is leaving April 5th and I wish her well. I highly doubt she left of her own accord. I watched the nepotism going on now for two years with her replacement and although she is "sweet", I highly doubt I will ever watch again when she takes her place.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I have watched her for years and I do think she is talented. One thing, though, is that she doesn't seem to know when to keep her mouth shut on certain topics. It has always been her Achilles Heel.

She is leaving April 5th and I wish her well. I highly doubt she left of her own accord. I watched the nepotism going on now for two years with her replacement and although she is "sweet", I highly doubt I will ever watch again when she takes her place.

@Trinity11  I've read online multiple times that she was forced out because they wanted someone younger. It was also said that she took off work too often for her kids or to do other projects etc.

Honored Contributor

Well, with all those projects, whether she is being forced out or not, looks like she won't be hurting for work.

Honored Contributor

I just don't understand the motivation to start a thread in order to criticize or declare dislike for someone.  Totally unnecessary, IMO.

And, for the record, I like Kathie Lee.  The way she talks about her faith and the day Frank passed away is both admirable and touching, IMO..  

Honored Contributor

She would be a great host here. 

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

She has always annoyed me because she can't shut up. That, and the fact that she's so not funny. She thinks she's hilarious and can do almost anything.

Well, there you have it!  She has been the role model for every woman that's been on the Today in the last 20 years.  Especially the crew they have now! 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11   What nepotism?  Who has a family member at NBC that is being hired?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Kathie Lee Gifford

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11   What nepotism?  Who has a family member at NBC that is being hired?  

@Sooner, Kathy Lee's replacement will be Jenna Bush Hager (sp?).  But, I have no idea what the familial relationship might be.  Is her husband related to someone?

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm not a fan, but I had to give her props as she was surprisingly good in the Hallmark Christmas movie last year called Godwink Christmas.

@VaBelle35  A Godwink Christmas was one of my favorite movies from last year. I'm a big fan of Kimberley Sustad and Paul Campbell, I'll watch anything that they're in.

Image result for a godwink christmas

Honored Contributor

I seem to remember that Frank Gifford was married when they got together and it was quite the scandal or do I have that wrong?