Super Contributor

Just got back from seeing the Life of the Party movie with Melissa McCarthy.  I won't spoil it for you, but if you like her movies, you will like this.  I went with my 19 year old daughter and we really enjoyed it.  Melissa wrote it with her husband, and he directed it.  He has a cameo in it, as he does in all of her films.  Just wanted to share in case you were on the fence about going.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just saw Life of the Party

Did you see her do that cameo appearance on SNL ?  She came on weekend update and played Michael Che's stepmom. She was hilarious.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review. I was thinking my daughters and I might go to this one. 

Honored Contributor

The only movie I ever liked MM in was The Heat with Sandra Bullock.  Any other movies she's been in have been a huge disappointment to me. 

However, this movie looks funny.  A friend of mine went with her mom over the weekend and they both thought it was hilarious.  They said their sides hurt from laughing so much.

Honored Contributor

@suziebee1   thanks for the recommendation. Last fall I decided to commit to seeing at least three movies a month and became an AMC Stubs member. If I'm free on a particular Tuesday, I have to see a movie. There isn't always one that I want to see so I started a "JIC" (just in case) list. Life of the Party is on that list because as @Lipstickdiva  stated, most of MM's movies have been a disappointment to me also. 

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."