Honored Contributor

Re: Julie Christie, "Darling" 12:45 a.m. Eastern (45 past midnight)

When it came out, @just bee, I found the reviews very tantalizing.  I like Gordon Pinsent too.  Difficult material, but can well imagine how well it must have been done.

If you liked it, it must be good.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

When it came out, @just bee, I found the reviews very tantalizing.  I like Gordon Pinsent too.  Difficult material, but can well imagine how well it must have been done.

If you liked it, it must be good.

@Oznell

Truth be told, I have some questionable "guilty pleasures" that I'd hesitate to mention.  But this film is worth a watch.

Have you ever seen Amour?  Talk about difficult material...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Gosh, no kidding @just bee--  just read the Wikipedia synopsis.  I have lost track of Jean-Louis Trintingnant.   So he's in his eighties!  (Or probably was at the time of the film.)

Interesting that the few films that deal in depth with older people tend to be about end-of-life issues.  I've always found older people fascinating.  Now that I AM older, would love to see more movies that run the gamut about "seasoned" people, just like movies about younger ones are so varied....

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Gosh, no kidding @just bee--  just read the Wikipedia synopsis.  I have lost track of Jean-Louis Trintingnant.   So he's in his eighties!  (Or probably was at the time of the film.)

Interesting that the few films that deal in depth with older people tend to be about end-of-life issues.  I've always found older people fascinating.  Now that I AM older, would love to see more movies that run the gamut about "seasoned" people, just like movies about younger ones are so varied....

@Oznell

Unfortunately, Hollywood's target audience would not be interested.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

wrote:

If you like Christie, may I recommend Away From Her?

@just bee

That's a newer one, a couple of years ago on TV.  I did see it and it was well done.  I have forgotten who played her husband.  She had Alzheimer's and grew apart from her husband, who suffered greatly from this because they had loved each other, but she fell in love with another patient in the hospital, which broke his heart.  Very sad.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986