Trusted Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

I understand that there are abused men, just as there are abused women.

Johnny Depp, admitted drug and alcohol addict, does not fit the profile of an abused spouse. I think he is trying desperately to cover his own tracks and rewrite time. It is pathetic and he deserves help, but an abused husband, he is not.

Amber Heard is not blameless; she engaged in the alcohol fueled abusive behavior, going toe to toe with Depp.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@10sluvr wrote:

these two feed off each others weakness. They should bet permanent restraining orders, on each other and be don with it. There is no good reason, for this to be on TV.

The world is on the brink of WW3 and this is what the news, is showing us. It just shows how shallow they think viewers are.

For some people watching it, it's a way to get away from the constant barage of Russia, Ukraine, Covid, Border.

I knew that would be a response. It's probably why I end up watching qvc.🙂

Trusted Contributor

Oh, and not to mention, Depp had a whole team of people he called on to remove him from any undesirable situation he found himself in, according to his own testimony.

Honored Contributor

Interesting that Eva Barlow, one of Heard's friends and a journalist, was permanently barred from the courtroom on Friday for presenting false information to the court.

Seems she searched the old Instagram account of one of Depp's witnesses, found reference to watching "the trial" and made it appear that it was referring to the current trial.  She did this on her cell phone, while in the courtroom, which was prohibited.

Then showed it to Heard's attorney, who took it to the judge, with the result of the witness being dismissed mid-testimony.

When the judge found out that, in fact, it was old posts made about the U.K. trial, she was described as "livid".  That and the fact that this non-member of the legal team was communicating with them, had a cell phone and a laptop with her...all prohibited.

Hmm, this is how Heard's team plans a defense?  Dirty tactics?  (My question is, does this witness now get recalled and allowed to give her testimony?  Probably not, even though she did nothing wrong.)

Honored Contributor

boring as all get out.  Snooze fest. whole thing will be dismissed probably

bet he wishes he was getting for it. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

What's up with his accent?? Talks like a pirate.

I've often thought that since he did that first Pirate movie he had decided to take on that personality at all times...the makeup, the swagger, all of it.

Esteemed Contributor

I happened to run across it yesterday.  Yes, boring.  It takes him forever to answer a question and then it seems like he is on a tranquilizer or something.  I didn't watch very much of it.

More Hollywood drama than I care to get involved with.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia 

The woman you mention, Eve Barlow, wasn't just a presence in the front row of the courtroom, she is also the woman who accompanied AH to court every day in the same car. It was fun watching the judge question her on the stand and kick her out of court for the remainder of the trial. Buh-bye Eve! 

I'm not sure where you're watching but I'm watching it live on the Youtube channel "Rekieta Law." The channel is run by Nick, a lawyer from Minnesota, who has different legal minds joining him each day and adding commentary. Some people probably prefer just the trial but I'm enjoying listening to the lawyers give their opinions and making comments. They don't talk over the person on the stand. Oh, and they're heavily anti-Amber which makes them heavily pro to me. This is my first time listening to him and I've read he might be a little right-leaning but, hey, nobody's perfect. Jk, lol. Smiley Very Happy

eta - so funny that A-h's attorney is named Rottenborn. Who hires a guy named Rottenborn anyway (rhetorical question)? I laugh every time Johnny says "Yes Mr Rottenborn." Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

Johnny Depp, admitted drug and alcohol addict, does not fit the profile of an abused spouse. I think he is trying desperately to cover his own tracks and rewrite time. It is pathetic and he deserves help, but an abused husband, he is not.

Amber Heard is not blameless; she engaged in the alcohol fueled abusive behavior, going toe to toe with Depp.

@FLgardener 

What are you actually saying?  There are a lot of abused spouses that "don't fit the profile".

Trusted Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

What is the profile of an abused spouse?

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director