Respected Contributor

Jason Patric to star in Wayward Pines Season 2

Jason Patric actores cinematograficos

Jason Patric has been cast in a lead role in Season 2 of Fox’s “Wayward Pines,” TheWrap has learned.

Patric will portray Dr. Theo Yedlin, a confident, driven surgeon whose leadership skills will prove invaluable to the residents of Wayward Pines.

From executive producer M. Night Shyamalan and based on the world created by author Blake Crouch in his international best-selling series of books, the 10-episode, second season will pick up after the shocking events of Season 1, with the residents of Wayward Pines battling against the iron-fisted rule of the First Generation.

Dr. Yedlin — a new resident of Wayward Pines — awakens from suspended animation and finds himself in the middle of this rebellion, as he tries to understand what Wayward Pines really is and help preserve the endangered human race.

“Jason is an incredibly grounded and believable actor,” Shyamalan said. “I’m so excited for audiences to see what he brings to the world of ‘Wayward Pines.'”

Patric’s feature film debut came in 1987, when he appeared in the cult classic “The Lost Boys.” He then starred in the war drama “The Beast,” “After Dark, My Sweet” and “Rush.” He most recently completed production on the film “The Yellow Birds,” opposite Jennifer Aniston and Toni Collette.

Season 1 of “Wayward Pines” ranked as this summer’s number one broadcast scripted series among Adults 18-49, averaging a 2.2 rating in the key demo.

Season 2 is set to premiere in the summer of 2016.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jason Patric to star in Wayward Pines Season 2

I like him a lot.  Maybe 1 or so years ago he was on several talk shows talking about how his ex-partner was keeping his son from seeing him.

He has spent a small fortune trying to keep his partner from making sure that his young son can't forbid him to have a relationship with him.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/03/jason-patric-legal-parent-father-court-baby-mama/

Respected Contributor

Yes, I remember seeing him on The View (I think) sometime last year talking about the custody of his son. It sounded like such a mess. Of course the poor innocent child suffers the most.
Valued Contributor

While I enjoyed the first season of WP, I admit I watched it for the cast which was terrific.  JP does not make me want to tune into S2, and I also feel that they wrapped up the show very well at the end of what was initally a mini-series.

Honored Contributor

I likw Jason Patric because I've seen him numerous times trying to be able to see his son.  I admire him.

That said.  I'll probably watch the first show but I agree with a lot of you in that it seems like it was wrapped up last year.

If there is anything else on, it will be a no brainer for me....I'll watch the other show.

Respected Contributor

I loved the first season (back when it was a mini-series) but they killed off practically the entire cast. Or at the least the one's that were interesting. It DID have an ending but it was a cliff-hanger. Since the ratings were so good and there's money to be made, it shouldn't come as a surprise why it's coming back. It'll be interesting to see where they go with the story.

I finally got around to reading the three books that the series is based on. If you liked the first season I would STRONGLY URGE you to read the books. They were SO MUCH better!! I know they can't include everything that was in the books to the series but they left out alot. A lot!!