Super Contributor

My DH & I watched the Alaska the Last Frontier last night.  The first one was all about Jane.  I just can't get over what a narcissistic  Diva she is.  We would have turned the channel but were having too much fun watching her make a fool of herself.  As you can tell she is not my favorite character on the show and her husband Atz Lee is not much better.  The final straw was when she made his VERY serious accident all about herself.  And what is with the "fish clubbing"?  I have read that drowing is a calm non painful way of dying so I assume it is the same for a fish.  She has to take a club and beat it bloody or shoot it with a gun?? 

I do enjoy this show especially Eve and Eivin.  Eve has so much talent and appears to be such a gentle person, loving mother and wife.  Eivin seems to be able to make and fabricate so many items.  He has amazed us many times with his skills. 

Just don't understand the show fixating on Jane. JMO

Honored Contributor

@Wiskota wrote:

My DH & I watched the Alaska the Last Frontier last night.  The first one was all about Jane.  I just can't get over what a narcissistic  Diva she is.  We would have turned the channel but were having too much fun watching her make a fool of herself.  As you can tell she is not my favorite character on the show and her husband Atz Lee is not much better.  The final straw was when she made his VERY serious accident all about herself.  And what is with the "fish clubbing"?  I have read that drowing is a calm non painful way of dying so I assume it is the same for a fish.  She has to take a club and beat it bloody or shoot it with a gun?? 

I do enjoy this show especially Eve and Eivin.  Eve has so much talent and appears to be such a gentle person, loving mother and wife.  Eivin seems to be able to make and fabricate so many items.  He has amazed us many times with his skills. 

Just don't understand the show fixating on Jane. JMO

If you mean drowning - fish can't drown! Smiley Wink

I agree, she doesn't need to club them the way she does.

Respected Contributor

I like watching Eve and Elvin also.

Respected Contributor

I love that show.  I've heard Jane mention a few times that she grew up in a house with 5 bathrooms so this must have been a big change for her.  Recently I read that she and Atz Lee have 2 children but they don't want them to be on the show. 

Valued Contributor

@Catty2  I also love this show.  I'm always amazed at how talented they are as carpenters and fabricators.  Eivan and Eve and their children are my favorites.  A year or two ago they briefly showed Jane as a young woman. She was beautiful, I mean really beautiful.  It is implied she came from wealth and her living this lifestyle with Atz Lee has been not always enjoyable.  He is the one I really can only take in small doses.  I'm  a little bewildered by Atz Sr's decision to live by himself for a while.  Did they ever mention why?

Respected Contributor

@bootsanne

I think part of it is he wanted to live off the land the way his parents did when they settled in Alaska.  Another part of it is for him to find some serenity at this point in his life.  I like how the other family members have come to visit him a few times and brought him veggies to grow and some other things.  One of my favorite shows.