Honored Contributor

JACK SOO TRIBUTE SHOW ON "BARNEY MILLER" SATURDAY WEE HOURS FETV

Jack-Soo-as-Nick-Yemana.jpg

There was so much talk on the Jack Soo thread a while back, I want to make sure any of his fans can re-watch the "Barney Miller" episode,  "Jack Soo, A Retrospective" tonite.

Midnight a.m. wee hours tonite (early Saturday a.m.)  "Jack Soo, A Retrospective".    Jack Soo, Hal Linden, Max Gail, Ron Glass, Steve Landesberg, Ron Carey, James Gregory

Each of adorable Jack's colleagues contribute personal stories and show clips of him in their affectionate tribute episode after his untimely death.

x1080.jpeg

"Detective Nick Yemana",  with his deadpan humor, his terrible coffee, and his endearing innocence, was so integral to the show.  I have so MANY favorites on this brilliantly zany show, but he was my "favorite favorite".

Two great comedic Jacks!

sddefault.jpg       

Honored Contributor

Re: JACK SOO TRIBUTE SHOW ON "BARNEY MILLER" SATURDAY WEE HOURS FETV

On my DirecTV system, FETV is channel 323.

Respected Contributor

I loved Jack's deadpan delivery and impeccable timing!

I will have to see what channel this is on Comcast. 

I am really tired today but if I make it to midnight, I will tune in.

Thank you @Oznell 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  I have seen that show at least five times and looking forward to seeing it again. Thanks for the alert.

Btw I am using your/our Fuge by episode threads as I re-watch the series. I am often amazed by our analyses.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Oh, right, @DSD2 ,  timing is everything, and his was on the nose!  Hope you manage to get some rest, regardless of whether you watch, and wake up refreshed.

Wow, @Tique ,  you intrigue me that you are ready to re-watch Fuge!   Are you noticing different things this time around?  If anything strikes you, hope you will post about it   I was thinking of you the other day when I caught your new ( to me) thread, and was feeling nostalgic about our Fugitive thread.  What discussions we had!    

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I never stopped watching it. When the final two episodes aired, it started from the beginning again. Just like you and others I wanted to watch a second time to see if I did notice new things. Most of the time I don't but I have seen some things from a different perspective. The threads offer me assistance because now I'm only watching ME TV's cut versions. Don't get me started on that. Sometimes it's obvious something is missing; by reading I can figure out the missing piece(s).

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We get FETV here on Comcast on Channel 1095

Honored Contributor

@Tique ,  good for you for swinging through them again!  Of course, they are eminently watchable, multiple times. Quality TV.   Grrrr--  don't get me started either,  MeTV has so much to answer for with their meat-cleaver approach to "editing" vintage shows....

Honored Contributor

Oh, that's good to know what the channel is on other systems, thanks @Shelbelle .

Honored Contributor

Barney Miller is one of those sitcoms that has a great cast, a lot of laughs and I always watched. Lasting sitcoms always have a cast that works so well together.  These are TV shows which  make you laugh no matter how many times you see the episodes. Barney Miller fits the bill.

Abe Vigota, Fish, lived at northern NJ at some point..  I used to see him in the local supermarket.