Honored Contributor

šŸ§ If you subscribe to YouTube TV......šŸ˜”

This morning(4/14) I received the following email from YouTube TV, in part.......

"On May 18, 2022, weā€™re updating our Paid Terms of Service (ā€œPaid Termsā€) to help clarify and make them easier to understand. The Paid Terms apply when you purchase content or services on YouTube (such as a movie or Super Stickers) or pay for a subscription (such as YouTube Premium) (ā€œPaid Servicesā€). You are receiving this message because you have recently purchased a Paid Service."

NO I DID NOT!!!!   I checked my account, it still shows Basic & my premium is still the same. 

I then checked my channel guide in settings to make sure no *paid*premium channels were added.  None were.

I contacted YouTube TV through their "chat" feature.  The chat CR checked my account & found nothing was amiss.  I sent her a copy of my email by copy/pasting into the chat feature.  She reviewed it along w/a supervisor/manager.  The email did come from YouTube TV but why it was sent to me, no one knew.

I get YT TV through Verizon FIOS & I pay my premium directly to them.  The manager contacted Verizon to make sure the email was not initiated through them.  Verizon did not initiate & had no clue either.  They also checked my account & confirmed that there has been no changes to my account.

I asked if it was ok to disregard/delete the email.  Manager told me to keep it for about a month, then delete.  Also, keep a copy of the chat convo...do not delete.  The chat feature has an option to "copy."  If I receive any further "Paid Services" emails to refer them to YT TV ASAP!

Just in case you subscribers receive any "Paid Services" emails & have not ordered any cc purchases from them and/or Google Play, check your account ASAP & notify YT TV immediately.  DO NOT click the email link in the email.  Go directly to YT TV website & use their contact info.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: šŸ§ If you subscribe to YouTube TV......šŸ˜”

@Mz iMac    There are a LOT of inexperienced clerks working in accounting departments.    My HOA is one of them.    They continually put my payments in the debit column.   I keep calling them to tell them I do NOT owe THEM money and I have the bank clearing number to prove it....and they say *I* am the one who is confused.    It is.....frustrating......     di

ā™„Surface of the Sunā™„
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac It sounds like you have a subscription to YouTube TV.  If so, you have a paid service and you pay it every month.  The email was just giving an example of a premium service, which people may or may not have.  But if you pay for a YouTube service, that is why you got that notice.  I got the same notice yesterday.  They've just updated their terms, which most companies do yearly.  There is nothing nefarious going on.  Now...if you "don't" have a YouTube service, then I might be concerned.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg  ThankYou-smiley.gifI feel so much better.  You should be working for YT tv chat support.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif