Valued Contributor

Re: If You Did Not Get Your Stimulus Check...

Esplanade Livingston LLC, which owns the land on which the company's Westminster Hotel sits, received another $350,000 to $1 million.
Mortgage documents filed in Essex County, NJ show that Esplanade is controlled by C.K. Livingston LLC, a company that bears the initials of Jared Kushner's father Charles—and which the former disclosed in 2017 as a source of personal income from the hotel.

Kushner Companies at once acknowledged and defended its receipt of PPP aid. “Several of our hotels have applied for federal loans, in accordance with all guidelines, with a vast majority of funds going to furloughed employees,” asserted COO Peter Febo.

Meanwhile, the conservative online media outlet founded by Trump confidante and Fox News host Tucker Carlson, the Daily Caller, received as much as $1 million.

Newsmax, the conservative TV network and website owned by another presidential confidante, Christopher Ruddy, got a loan worth $2 million to $5 million.

CORRUPT is as corrupt does

Honored Contributor

Ha-ha, as if no rich Democrats got anything. 

Esteemed Contributor

You just can’t forget it is an election year.  I am sure there are corrupt Democrats.  Let’s make up lists with a running tally.

I am so, so tired of the division in this country.  Did I say I was tired of so much division?

Honored Contributor

It's called Fleecing of America. It's not the first time it's happened & it won't be the last.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

You just can’t forget it is an election year.  I am sure there are corrupt Democrats.  Let’s make up lists with a running tally.

I am so, so tired of the division in this country.  Did I say I was tired of so much division?

@PamfromCT 

Does not matter if you are Democrat or Republican in Washington. They are all a bunch of crooks. They are suppose to be working for the people not themselves.

Esteemed Contributor

I know there are many corrupt people in Washington.

Thankfully, not all.  I refuse to be that cynical.

My problem is that our country is so divided politically.

I am turning 76 years old, always attune to all sorts of news, and I have never, ever seen it this bad.  It is almost like we have two separate countries, according to some.  And things are said in very damaging ways.  And I am not alone in this.

Honored Contributor

@lianne  Old man Kushner spent time in prison for breaking the law. So am not surprised at anything going on with them. They were dems before you know who came into his job.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a connection thing. Who do you know? Who's in your corner? (sorry, but true) Son's small remodeling business - where he's employed - received nothing, not yet. Local politician received several hundred thousand for her small LLC company, in addition to receiving 1 mil for not growing crops on her land. It's being reported that mega evangelistic churches got quite a payout. Maybe accountability will surface soon.  

Alrighty then. Makes you want to move to Pooh's 100 acre woods.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

This stimulus was created to help our citizens who truly needed it, 

Actually, not true.  Husband and I got $2400, and I can attest that we don't truly need it.  We are both working at good jobs and have a good income, although lower than the (pretty high) cutoff apparently.  

Actually that is true and there has to be a cut off for who gets it and who doesn't.

You qualified and that's the reason why you got it. Did you send it back or donate it?  

Respected Contributor

Just think if just a smig of that money had gone to food banks.