Respected Contributor

I was so disappointed to learn that this show was cancelled.  It was so much fun to watch with a great cast.  They seem to be showing more and more shows that are so moronic.  Game shows, those horrid "reality" shows with no-talent people, comedies with all that fake laughter every few sentences.    There is getting less and less to watch.  I really enjoyed this show.  Thank goodness for PBS, TCM, and MeTV! 

Respected Contributor

Re: I knew it! So Help Me Todd

I think this is about the only tv show I thought was any good. The cast is excellent. Too bad.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved this show.................and it got good ratings i thought....i think they will cancel....hear viewers ojecting to its cancel and bring it back on streaming so

the viewers will end up $$$ for it.................

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I loved this show.................and it got good ratings i thought....i think they will cancel....hear viewers ojecting to its cancel and bring it back on streaming so

the viewers will end up $$$ for it.................

I don't know if they'll bring it back, but I suspect you're right and that ultimately the once big (and now floundering) networks will gradually try to transfer anything worth actually watching to their streaming divisions, NBC to Peacock, ABC to Disney and CBS to Paramount Plus. Sad, isn't it? Those who can't or won't pay for streaming will be left with game, competition and reality TV shows.  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I watched this show and I thought it never figured out if it should be a comedy or a drama. I don't watch reality shows or game shows, so I will miss this as an option even if it wasn't perfect. 

When the show started I thought Marcia Gay Harden's wardrobe was so classy and great, but they must have changed stylists because it went down hill, IMO. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sandy53 wrote:

I watched this show and I thought it never figured out if it should be a comedy or a drama. I don't watch reality shows or game shows, so I will miss this as an option even if it wasn't perfect. 

When the show started I thought Marcia Gay Harden's wardrobe was so classy and great, but they must have changed stylists because it went down hill, IMO. 

I enjoy the show, but along with changes in production values, I think the show did take a number of wrong turns. That it was always a bit quirky  (seemingly TV's latest thing...) was acceptable but it too often turns the corner to over the top and sometimes ridiculous. Don't like changes to key characters nor do I think we need to see quite so much of some of the supporting characters that add very little interest to the story lines. All of the changes that have made the show less than it was last year were probably mandated by the network, newly rewarded writers, producers or advertisers. The should could easily be put back on track and it's worth doing so.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

If the show goes to their streaming platform, I won't see it as I don't have Paramount and don't want it. I feel like why bother to watch this show anymore, CBS doesn't care if I watch it as they have cancelled it. 

Honored Contributor

So, explain to me why this show was cancelled, but S.W.A.T was picked up for another season (I could have sworn this was suppose to be the final season) when basically all of the original cast is gone?

Esteemed Contributor

There is a petition on change .org to save this show.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesallanimals game shows are cheap to produce, that's why there are so many of them.

I'm not a big fan. The only one I watch with any regularity is Jeopardy.

Sorry that a favorite show of yours has been cancelled. It's frustrating for sure.