Honored Contributor

Re: Hugh Grant - Four Children In Four Years

@chi5925 wrote:

It's his choice to have these 4 kids, but fundamentally, THAT is what's wrong with people today.

He has 4 kids with 2 different women and doesn't think of the long term consequences.

4 kids growing up without a father who is giving them 100% of his time.  Instead, these 4 kids will probably see him occasionally and it will be up to the mothers to raise them.

AND I question the mothers' brains.....so anxious to become a Baby Mama to insure that their financial future is set.  Did they at any time think of the the child???

Call me old-fashioned but Hugh Grant is the ultimate narcissist - thinking only of himself and his gratification.  Having a child is very serious business.  You are essentially responsible for another human being in this world.  Yet it seems more important to him to show the world that he can procreate than to think of the lives he creates.

He''s a sorry excuse for a man and for a human being. 

JMO

Unfortunately, LOTS of men have multiple baby mamas ... take a look at the track record of sports figures.  This isn't new.   

Also .... I seriously doubt  that when Hugh was "doing the deed" he was thinking about "showing the world" anything.   

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

From what I gather, kids being born out of wedlock is pretty normal today--accepted I would say.  Don't we read about it all the time?  Hasn't the value of the family as a unit been pretty much done away with? That's what I see out there. . . 

Two girlfriends pregnant at the same time certainly happens, but is not "petty normal today" nor do I think it's accepted.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Quite the late bloomer, LOL.  He does seem to be enjoying his children (probably on a part-time basis) and acknowledges his paternity so that's good at least, but he is a dog, no doubt about it.  I figure Elizabeth Hurley left him for good reason.  

Respected Contributor

I guess these women aren't worried about STD's.

Honored Contributor

Well, I already posted that everyone involved is ignorant.  I saw where someone said, 4 children growing up without a full time father.  I realize that is true.  

However, many people are growing up without fathers, for one reason or another.  I grew up without a Mother.  As far as I know I did OK (some would disagree, but I think so).

I'm not saying it's right, I don't really care to be honest.  I think they're the stupid one's for getting pregnant.  Maybe these women just wanted to have babies or maybe they wanted someone to take care of them (monetarily).  Who knows?

I just don't think it's fair to think negatively about Mothers or Fathers who (for some is no fault of their own) I know not the case here, raising children on their own.

Many of these single parents are doing a good job and I think that needs to be acknowledged and don't lump them into these headlines.

The fact is if he's paying for them and the women are happy, it's their business.