Super Contributor

Re: Hugh Grant - Four Children In Four Years

It's his choice to have these 4 kids, but fundamentally, THAT is what's wrong with people today.

He has 4 kids with 2 different women and doesn't think of the long term consequences.

4 kids growing up without a father who is giving them 100% of his time.  Instead, these 4 kids will probably see him occasionally and it will be up to the mothers to raise them.

AND I question the mothers' brains.....so anxious to become a Baby Mama to insure that their financial future is set.  Did they at any time think of the the child???

Call me old-fashioned but Hugh Grant is the ultimate narcissist - thinking only of himself and his gratification.  Having a child is very serious business.  You are essentially responsible for another human being in this world.  Yet it seems more important to him to show the world that he can procreate than to think of the lives he creates.

He''s a sorry excuse for a man and for a human being. 

JMO

Respected Contributor

It would be impossible for me to be with a man who is also having children with another woman - at the same time.  Wow!       

Honored Contributor

I says something about the women too, doesn't it?  And I don't mean that in a nice way.

Honored Contributor

@chi5925 wrote:

It's his choice to have these 4 kids, but fundamentally, THAT is what's wrong with people today.

He has 4 kids with 2 different women and doesn't think of the long term consequences.

4 kids growing up without a father who is giving them 100% of his time.  Instead, these 4 kids will probably see him occasionally and it will be up to the mothers to raise them.

AND I question the mothers' brains.....so anxious to become a Baby Mama to insure that their financial future is set.  Did they at any time think of the the child???

Call me old-fashioned but Hugh Grant is the ultimate narcissist - thinking only of himself and his gratification.  Having a child is very serious business.  You are essentially responsible for another human being in this world.  Yet it seems more important to him to show the world that he can procreate than to think of the lives he creates.

He''s a sorry excuse for a man and for a human being. 

JMO

I think the women are just as much to blame for the lack of birth control.

Trusted Contributor

Wow! He was a busy man. I guess he has other talents besides acting!

Honored Contributor

Someone got a prescription for the little blue pill?  lol

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

As usual it will be the children who suffer, either by losing their too-old father when they are still young and/or growing up with little stability at home. I hope there's at least enough money that he will pay for their upbringing, coming in regularly. When he ceases to be the attractive Englishman, his career could dry up. And by the way, all those women are idiots!

@Vivian  Hugh is only in his mid-50s.   I give him at least 20 more years, unless he has a heart attack or accident or something dreadful, so the kids will be in their 20s should he pass then.  They may even be in their 30s or beyong (my mom lived into her 90s).   I do agree though that they won't have the stability of living with two parents, but many children don't.  

I can't help but wonder whether the two girlfriends pregnant at the same time even knew about each other.  Hugh admitted that the first child was born out of a brief fling....but then the same woman later gave birth to another?    I once had a friend who got his girlfriend pregnant.  They had been broken up for several years when she approached him and asked him to father a second child, so her first could have a real biological sibling.  He refused.  Maybe this happened with Hugh and he didn't refuse?  From what little I've read, it hasn't sounded like he was in very serious relationships with either of the women who bore his children.  Whatever....

Respected Contributor

Sounds like he just wanders around getting women pregnant.  He doesn't know them very well and doesn't know if they are in a relationship or not.  He's really father material, isn't he? confused.gif

Respected Contributor

the women and Grant -  the height of selfishness and irresponsibility.  in this day and age no one needs to be pregnant who doesn't want to be.  those poor children.  

Honored Contributor

From what I gather, kids being born out of wedlock is pretty normal today--accepted I would say.  Don't we read about it all the time?  Hasn't the value of the family as a unit been pretty much done away with? That's what I see out there. . .