Trusted Contributor

Re: How Did I Never Hear This Bee Gees..........................

Love the Bee Gees.  My fav song is "Words."  I also love "Nights on Broadway."     Loved their sound.   Great songwriters too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same here, I'll need to check it out.  Don't know that title.  Nope, don't know it. They had such a great sound.  Not sure I ever heard that one...........

Valued Contributor

Fanny was towards the end of the BeeGees "first" part of their career....the first ten years or so starting with the mid sixties!  They went on to their biggest success with their disco-era stuff from the Saturday Night Fever era and then they had less airplay and commercial success (at least here in the U.S. with their 80s stuff which is the music that I like the most from them! (The album "One" has several great songs.)  One of their last 

songs was a remake of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" which I had never heard until I stumbled across it on YouTube.  I love it.

Honored Contributor

One of their best songs ever!!

Contributor

I am a huge Bee Gee's fan and have most of their albums, including their early songs. I always watch when their concerts are on PBS. In his younger days, I think Barry was the vision of perfection. He is God's perfect creation, at least in my opinion. Of course, I love them all and really miss Maurice and Robin.

Valued Contributor

Wow, I am very familiar with this song, I just never knew what the name was!  I can hear the complexities of trying to sing it. It's very difficult but I find most of their songs really hard to sing along with.  That just goes to show what truly stellar artists they were.  

Trusted Contributor

Longtime Bee Gees fan here - way before Saturday Night Fever.  Such a beautiful song.  Did they sing it on their PBS concert?  I'll have to watch it for the umpteenth time.Woman LOL

This song is also on my Apple music list.

Glad you found it! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunny515 wrote:

I am a huge Bee Gee's fan and have most of their albums, including their early songs. I always watch when their concerts are on PBS. In his younger days, I think Barry was the vision of perfection. He is God's perfect creation, at least in my opinion. Of course, I love them all and really miss Maurice and Robin.

@Sunny515   Younger Barry Gibbb = vision of perfection.  Yup.  Add the voice, oh my!

It is very sad that Barry is the only one left.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

song. Fanny Be Tender With My Love.  I thought I had heard every song the Bee Gees did.

It was done in 1975 and they rarely sang it live because of the complexity. I believe it was Robin Gibbs that said they liked the song but it was a bi*ch to sing.

If you can view it on You Tube.

Hanging my head in shame I never heard it before.

I don't know that song either, and I have a lot of their collections and have seen them perform live.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  That's always been one of my top 3 favorite songs by the Bee Gees. The Bee Bees are my favorite group of all time.....I like them FAR better than the Beatles or Stones or any group that has come after thrm. Loved Andy, too!