Honored Contributor

Re: Housewives of Beverly Hills dressing age appropriately ?

@Vickiv wrote:

Erica she needs to fire her stylist.  There are times she looks like a clown. I wonder if she looks in the mirror.  As for the rest of them they're just a bunch of spoiled brat's. They have no feeling for the common working people. It is all about them. I think most of them dress too sexy with their old age.

@Vickiv I agree 100 % on you with regards to Erica...She really goes overboard with her clothes and makeup!  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Supposedly the bag was $14000. I am disgusted that Americans seem to be addicted to this kind of programming, just another instance of the downfall of society unfortunately.

@Reever

Oh, for crying out loud, these shows aren't real ...  you honestly didn't know this?

They are fake, contrived and over the top ON PURPOSE.   It has NOTHING to do with "the downfall of society" or what real people and real life is actually like. 

Just like any other show on TV, they depend on viewer ratings for staying on the air.  

BTW  .... why were you watching this show?   lol

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It is reality TV.  Fake, scripted and the trashier the better. Lots of T’s and A’s.

@SeaMaiden

LOL   How is it even possible that people don't realize this?

Honored Contributor

Most of the women on all the installments of the HW shows don't dress appropriately at all, no matter their age.  I wouldn't want to see what they are wearing on a woman half their age because it's all too tight, ill-fitting, ugly and cheap looking. 

Way back when the original started, which was the OC, the women didn't dress like this on a daily basis.  They dressed in what a lot of people dress in for running around town doing errands or meeting friends for lunch.  Then the women stepped it up and they starting wearing full on make-up and hair done every second along with dressing totally different.  A few of the women from the OC talked about that a few years back when they were interviewed about the show. 

Esteemed Contributor

Erika's little girl pigtails and headbands are kinda creepy for a woman in her 40's.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

Erika's little girl pigtails and headbands are kinda creepy for a woman in her 40's.

She looks like a marionette puppett.  I keep looking for the strings. 

Valued Contributor

It's always curious to me when people want a show cancelled that they don't even watch. 

Yep, just turn the channel or go read a book. simple enough. 

why try to dictate to others what they should watch or enjoy? so much energy wasted. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:

Erica she needs to fire her stylist.  There are times she looks like a clown. . . . 

I've said the very same thing all last year and this year as well.  It's not only her stylist though, it's also her "glam squad".  They're all horrible at their jobs.

I wish Erika (and her stylist) would realize that just because something has a designer label, doesn't make the article of clothing chic.  Designers design UGLY things too (and Erika owns all of them....LOL).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

@Vickiv wrote:

Erica she needs to fire her stylist.  There are times she looks like a clown. . . . 

I've said the very same thing all last year and this year as well.  It's not only her stylist though, it's also her "glam squad".  They're all horrible at their jobs.

I wish Erika (and her stylist) would realize that just because something has a designer label, doesn't make the article of clothing chic.  Designers design UGLY things too (and Erika owns all of them....LOL).

@shoptilyadropagain Exactly. One of those situations where just because you can, doesn't mean you should! lol!

Honored Contributor

The only thing important is places like Beverly Hills, etc.  Is beauty of youth.  Because youth is prized so much, many women over 40 have to dress younger.  There has been a shift on the TV show too.  I think the new ones are under 35 or at least younger then Lisa who is around her late 40's and the oldest of the group. Also a few don't live in Beverly Hills which is considered old and passe.  Cameo Shores, Pellican Hills, Newport Beach, etc.  Those are really rich areas.