Honored Contributor

Re: Housewives of Beverly Hills dressing age appropriately ?

[ Edited ]

I think Erika looks a lot younger and much better when she has very little make-up on.  During this last show, when she was on the phone talking to her mother about the book, Erika hardly had any make-up on and she looked fantastic.  

Honored Contributor

None of these "Housewife" shows leave anyone with a good impression of the area they represent. 

If they want to do a true housewife show - the husband and wife would both work full time , retired g'ma & g'pa would have to help with the kids and their activities, esp. driving them everywhere. Due to childrens activities the whole family would be nutritionally incomplete - eating on the run - and the kids would be doing their homework in the car. This is the life I see my nieces and nephews living now a days. Esp. those involved with hockey. A family outing is when they all go to the sports store to buy hockey equipment.

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

None of these "Housewife" shows leave anyone with a good impression of the area they represent. 

If they want to do a true housewife show - the husband and wife would both work full time , retired g'ma & g'pa would have to help with the kids and their activities, esp. driving them everywhere. Due to childrens activities the whole family would be nutritionally incomplete - eating on the run - and the kids would be doing their homework in the car. This is the life I see my nieces and nephews living now a days. Esp. those involved with hockey. A family outing is when they all go to the sports store to buy hockey equipment.

@151949  -- Yes that would be more realistic but I doubt many people would watch. I think people want to watch the "real" lives of people who are different than they are.

Super Contributor

wrote:

Erica she needs to fire her stylist.  There are times she looks like a clown. I wonder if she looks in the mirror.  As for the rest of them they're just a bunch of spoiled brat's. They have no feeling for the common working people. It is all about them. I think most of them dress too sexy with their old age.

I agree with you about Erica. In addition to her awful taste in clothing, she's SO low class and trashy.

Respected Contributor

Classless can't begin to describe these women. The sexual innuendos are off putting.  can't believe American values have deteoriated so much in the last 30 years. Very sad indeed. Can't believe Americans are watching this drivel !

Trusted Contributor

My thought right now:

97985919-C8FB-4F77-8707-57D11F5E4970.png

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@151949. Your nieces and nephews don't live a life that is in any way similar to how anyone in my family lives. 

Grandmas and grandpas typically live far away, and although they would love to "help with the kids", they still have careers and responsibilities that keep them very busy.  

My kids, although very busy, ate healthy meals and did their homework at home, at their desks. 

Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@151949. Your nieces and nephews don't live a life that is in any way similar to how anyone in my family lives. 

Grandmas and grandpas typically live far away, and although they would love to "help with the kids", they still have careers and responsibilities that keep them very busy.  

My kids, although very busy, ate healthy meals and did their homework at home, at their desks. 

@september exactly and if one does not have all the facts then they should not assume something. For one thing the NJ wives Melissa and Teresa and family are always doing family oriented things including sports events with their kids. And they both work. As for impression of the area what a insult  to Montville where they live. It is a beautiful old town and still retains its charm. Nobody is forcing you to watch @151949 but try to not make up things to press your pov.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I don’t line the looks of Birkin bags.   To me.... ugly ...

Remember when Taylor Armstrong had to sell hers, and it turned out they were all knock-offs? 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I don’t line the looks of Birkin bags.   To me.... ugly ...

Remember when Taylor Armstrong had to sell hers, and it turned out they were all knock-offs? 

I remember that....I too am not a fan of Birkin bags. They are not attractive in any way to me. If I had the money I would definitely be spending it on something other than Birkin bags.