Super Contributor

Just saw his first movie - Top Secret 1984 - where he impersonated Elvis in a lot of musical scenes. His birthday was December 31.  Happy belated birthday!

Val.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday, Val Kilmer

Well. Today is my birthday by GodzillaReader on DeviantArt

Trusted Contributor

AND he survived throat cancer!

Honored Contributor

I doubt he reads this forum.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Real Genius by CrescentMoonDemon.deviantart.com on @DeviantArt | Real genius, Genius movie ...

I have a soft spot for Real Genius (1985). Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonMom   Oh my, I really didn't know he'd had throat cancer.  Glad to know he's doing better.  Love 💕 him n lots of his movies, such a handsome devil what's not to love lol 

Valued Contributor

I couldn't understand why they put him in Batman ForeverBatman.jpeg but I guess it was a big success

Respected Contributor

I always liked Val Kilmer, but when I think of him the movie Tombstone always pops in my mind. He was such an interesting character and so darn handsome.

I was saddened when I learned of his cancer. It really took its toll on him. It limited his ability to continue acting. In fact he became seclusive, avoiding photographers and the curious. Who wouldn't.

Good to see him having another birthday, since his health scare was quite serious. Hope he has many more.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch  I also loved him in "Tombstone". Think he gave one of the best & most accurate portrayals of Doc Holiday from what I read of the real Doc. 

Best wishes to him. 

Honored Contributor

He was in Top Gun: Maverick. Tom Cruise really wanted him to be in it, and they worked his voice limitations in.

As a fan of both movies, and others of his, I think he was great in it. 

There is a YouTube video where Val's children talk about him and the movie.