Trusted Contributor

Hallmark "Aurora" Movies - Did not expect the proposal, did any of you

I have been watching the Aurora Hallmark movies with Candace Cameron Bure and enjoy them so much. I was surprised to see that Nick was going to propose in the promos and had taped the movie and just got to see it last night. For some reason, I thought this was quick that they had Nick propose because it seemed like the last romance with Martin came across more serious to me.  I thought maybe I missed a movie or something in between but I am looking at the names of the movies to be rebroadcast and it does not look like I missed a movie.  Wondering if they will bring Martin back to cause some confusion for her. I'm just surprised that she will get married.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hallmark "Aurora" Movies - Did not expect the proposal, did any of you

@miata1  When was this aired?  I must have missed it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@miata1  When was this aired?  I must have missed it.

I've been checking for new movies and haven't seen them. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry that I do not know the date it was aired.  I tape the movies and then see them when I can. They are going to do the series of her movies next weekend so it will probably be repeated.  

Honored Contributor

@miata1   I liked that he proposed, but I know what you mean about it seeming more serious with Martin.  I don't think they'll bring him back, because he's starring in a series on AMC now.  I don't remember the name of the show, but I like it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I just checked and found this information about the movie.  I also didn't expect the proposal but hope she does get married.  I like them together!

Heist and Seek
Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Episode 13

Description
DescriptionWhen a priceless crown is stolen during a benefit gala held by the Lawrenceton library, Aurora and the Real Murders Club must investigate who would kill to get their hands on it.
Air date: May 17, 2020
On TV soon
All times are in Eastern Time
Date
Channel
Sun, 6/14, 7 PM
Hallmark Movie Channel
Wed, 6/17, 7 PM
Hallmark Movie Channel
I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

I've read the entire series, but can't for the life of me remember what happens ~ I've seen a few of the movies too. 

I'm glad to see they'll be on next weekend ~ I'll need to set my DVR.

I won't share any of my vague memories ~ I don't want to inadvertently spoil anything. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your responses. I was just surprised that the proposal happened so soon as I did not pick up in the previous movies that they fell for each other seriously already.  But I like these movies so much that sometimes I record them a second time and watch all over again.  I enjoyed seeing the Brook Shield movies the other night and I had seen them before.

Esteemed Contributor

I still haven’t watched the movie, but I knew they were going to get engaged based on the promos. I didn’t really give it another thought. But, considering the OP post, I do kind of see her point. Maybe I’m just not remembering each other movie, but the relationship maybe seemed more fleshed out in the earlier films. It may just be a result of better writers - I also can’t tell whether the series is still following the books or if it is now it’s own entity (only quickly scanned amazon ). Those may be some reasons why the new relationship may seem rushed.
Honored Contributor

I haven't read any of the books, but have read about them on Amazon.  It seems like in the books Aurora might have married Martin.  When the actor who plays Martin decided to leave the show they had to change that storyline.  I may be wrong, but that's what I gathered.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau