Honored Contributor

HGTV New and Returning Shows Summer 2020

Blog post 6/15/2020 HGTV:

I love Scott McGillivray, so I'm happy to see a new show with him.

Contractor and real estate expert Scott McGillivray stars in Vacation House Rules and will guide families who want to take their vacation property purchase and unlock its full rental potential.

Viewers can look forward to new seasons of returning series like Good Bones, Windy City Flip (also called Windy City Rehab) and Christina on the Coast,

https://www.hgtv.com/shows/hgtv-summer-season-spotlights-returning-faves-virtual-design-and-comedy 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: HGTV New and Returning Shows Summer 2020

Gossip on Windy City Rehab is that Donovan is no longer a part of it and will just be Alison going forward.

There's a lawsuit about one of the homes they did and Donovan didn't get permits, so the city show down their work over the violations.

Lots of bits and pieces out there about this show and these two.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I love Scott McGrillivray (I know I butchered him name).  I loved his show, Income Property.  HGTV was showing episodes of it just the other day.  I'll be looking forward to his new show.  

Good Bones has started and it is my favorite HGTV show at the moment.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I like Good Bones, Windy City Rehab,  Tareks new show, Bargain Mansions.  I saw that about Donovan too!

Honored Contributor

Does anyone follow Erin/Home Town on social media?

I have a feeling that she is almost entirely done with it all.

She has been posting some interesting stuff lately.

The first one was about how nobody would ever see Helen's face and yet her face is in every episode since she was born.

A month or so ago she posted that she was turning off commenting for the remainder of the year.  But comments are back (I'm wondering what happened there).

She then posted some long-winded thing about people coming to their home and ringing the door bell.

Today she posted about someone unhappy that they came all the was to Laurel and the store had hardly any inventory.

I think she needs to turn over the social media to a staff member because this all seems to be getting to her.  She should not care about one person's opinion or the 500 posts about why Ben sweats so much.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I watched Home Town about a month ago on a day when it was on all day.  Too many "I" this and "I" that from Erin, and can't stand looking at and listening to her husband, so no more of this show.

I only watch Love It or List It now, and the new season begins on August 10.  I was reading Wiki on Hilary, and discovered she is sixty-seven this year, very surprised, and she has had quite an interesting past.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I watched Home Town about a month ago on a day when it was on all day.  Too many "I" this and "I" that from Erin, and can't stand looking at and listening to her husband, so no more of this show.

I only watch Love It or List It now, and the new season begins on August 10.  I was reading Wiki on Hilary, and discovered she is sixty-seven this year, very surprised, and she has had quite an interesting past.

@mousiegirl . I really like Love it or List It too, love both Hillary and David-they play off of one another very well.....They keep the show interesting too. I still like Home Town, but it seems like Erin does the same decor in most of the houses. The Mom and Daughter Duo from Indianapolis I like, but I usually don't care for their end result, as far as the decor goes! 

Honored Contributor

Mina says a lot that Fountain Square and Indy in general is hipster central, so I think they are designing to young and single people for the most part.

Erin is designing for families most of the time.  The few single person places she did for the very young, she did more hipster, colorful stuff.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Alison Victoria just posted that they are making 13 more episodes of Flipping Across America.

I guess they are digging deep into the archives for more old shows.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm not a big fan of Christina on the Coast.  I really don't care about her personal life, so I fast forward through all that and just watch the reno stuff.

I'm laughing at last night's episode as she is doing a bathroom for $55k where Good Bones or Home Town can do a whole house for that.  

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN