Honored Contributor

Re: HALLMARK MOVIES NOW SUBSCRIPTION

I subscribe to Hallmark Movies Now.

It has been billed since the beginning as the home for all their original movies (hence the title).  Even last month, they posted on their Facebook page a comment that they have no original programming.  I replied to that saying "Arent' you going to have the original series When Hope Calls?"  They didn't respond.

It's supposed to be a movie channel, but they also have tv series on there like Cedar Cove and Chesapeake Shores.

Bill Abbott has said in interviews that as soon as all the contracts with other sources run out, they will pull back all their programming from Amazon, Superchannel, etc. and all their original content will only be available on Hallmark Movies Now.

They also have all the Signed Sealed Delivered series/movies.  There is a new movie in production.  They have not said whether the new movie will be on one of the regular channels or if it will be on Hallmark Movies Now.

I do hope that When Hope Calls is good.  Looking at the cast, it appears to skew very very young.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

It has been billed since the beginning as the home for all their original movies (hence the title).  Even last month, they posted on their Facebook page a comment that they have no original programming.  I replied to that saying "Arent' you going to have the original series When Hope Calls?"  They didn't respond.

It's supposed to be a movie channel, but they also have tv series on there like Cedar Cove and Chesapeake Shores.

Bill Abbott has said in interviews that as soon as all the contracts with other sources run out, they will pull back all their programming from Amazon, Superchannel, etc. and all their original content will only be available on Hallmark Movies Now.

They also have all the Signed Sealed Delivered series/movies.  There is a new movie in production.  They have not said whether the new movie will be on one of the regular channels or if it will be on Hallmark Movies Now.

I do hope that When Hope Calls is good.  Looking at the cast, it appears to skew very very young.

@VaBelle35 

Thank you so much for addressing the Signed, Sealed and Delivered Movies.  I have been trying to get answers from Hallmark through a website I found with an ad back in February of this year.  Got an agent and went back and forth many times with no clear reply.

That article stated that SSD movie with wedding of Shane & Oliver SSD TO the altar would be viewed on Hallmark Drama channel this year.  The SSD AT the altar was the 2018 movie with Rita & Norman's wedding where Oliver proposed to Shane at the end.  I saw TV ads indicating that the new 2019 movie would be shown on Hallmark Movies Now and also Hallmark Drama channel.  The ads disappeared after my inquiry and I too never got a response clarifying where this movie would be shown.

I have Dish Network here in Chicago and the Hallmark Drama channel just appeared sometime this year without any notice.

Others have been posting about loss of viewing regular networks.  I lost HBO last October when ATT purchased HBO/Cinemax.  ATT has been unreasonable with Satellite people and possibly now Comcast people.  Saw the ad on TV about CBS is in dispute with Direct TV and something called Uverse TV - all owned by ATT.  There are legal issues surrounding this, but I do not believe I will ever get HBO back.  This could be the reason that Dish gave us Hallmark Drama.  Cannot be good for them when they lose premium channels.

I am really happy to see this subject here.  I am totally confused with all of the streaming networks and never siged up for any.  I almost did HBO Now but found out that it would cost me more than an additional $20 to increase my internet speed (yes also ATT) in addition to the $15 monthly fee for HBO Now..

I would really be glad to follow this subject for any input on Hallmark Now.

Are there special requirements to obtain  a subscription, i.e., increased internet speed, etc.?

Honored Contributor

I have Hallmark & Hallmark Movie Channel with my DISH package.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LogoFan wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@VaBelle35 

Thank you so much for addressing the Signed, Sealed and Delivered Movies.  I have been trying to get answers from Hallmark through a website I found with an ad back in February of this year.  Got an agent and went back and forth many times with no clear reply.

That article stated that SSD movie with wedding of Shane & Oliver SSD TO the altar would be viewed on Hallmark Drama channel this year.  The SSD AT the altar was the 2018 movie with Rita & Norman's wedding where Oliver proposed to Shane at the end.  I saw TV ads indicating that the new 2019 movie would be shown on Hallmark Movies Now and also Hallmark Drama channel.  The ads disappeared after my inquiry and I too never got a response clarifying where this movie would be shown.

I have Dish Network here in Chicago and the Hallmark Drama channel just appeared sometime this year without any notice.

Others have been posting about loss of viewing regular networks.  I lost HBO last October when ATT purchased HBO/Cinemax.  ATT has been unreasonable with Satellite people and possibly now Comcast people.  Saw the ad on TV about CBS is in dispute with Direct TV and something called Uverse TV - all owned by ATT.  There are legal issues surrounding this, but I do not believe I will ever get HBO back.  This could be the reason that Dish gave us Hallmark Drama.  Cannot be good for them when they lose premium channels.

I am really happy to see this subject here.  I am totally confused with all of the streaming networks and never siged up for any.  I almost did HBO Now but found out that it would cost me more than an additional $20 to increase my internet speed (yes also ATT) in addition to the $15 monthly fee for HBO Now..

I would really be glad to follow this subject for any input on Hallmark Now.

Are there special requirements to obtain  a subscription, i.e., increased internet speed, etc.?

You don't need anything special to stream Hallmark Movies Now.  I had DSL internet and was watching it on my laptop just fine.  I bought a cheap Roku for $20 and can stream Hallmark Movies Now on an old tv with their app on Roku.

I follow Eric Mabius on Twitter and Martha Williamson and they have not even started filming it yet.  Eric just finished talking about the script for his Christmas movie this year.  Not a peep about a SSD movie since the original announcement.

This was the original SSD announcement at the TCA's in February:

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
@hallmarkmovie

#Breaking #POstables The announcement you’ve been waiting for! @HallmarkDrama is developing another installment of the fan-favorite movie franchise, #SignedSealedDelivered, created by executive producer @Marthamoonwater #TCA19

12:42 AM - Feb 10, 2019

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 

The information you quoted from 2/10/19 was what got me interested in new information regarding SSD new wedding movie.  The article I read was that the new movie in progress was SSD wedding movie for Oliver & Shane specifically.

I own an Apple desktop computer & have no laptop.  Sorry, but I have no idea what a Roku is and how to connect it to my TV, or the apps contained on Roku.  I am not a tech person at all I'm afraid.

When I was considering HBO Now a friend was going to come over and help me get it setup after ATT completed my internet speed upgrade to accommodate that.  When I determined it was going to cost me over $35 monthly just for one channel, I canceled the entire idea.  Alfready spending plenty for Dish Network.

I will google Roku and see if I can find out about it.  I am lost on this.

Thanks for responding.

Respected Contributor

We get three Hallmark movie channels with Directv. Frankly, if these channels disappeared today, I wouldn’t miss them.

Honored Contributor

I never understand 'subscriptions', etc.  I jjust told the Comcast changer/thing to go to the Hallmark channel and it went there.

My friend is flipping out because she has basic cable and said the ID channel and I think it is Starz or something like that is going to no longer exist.

It's just another way these cable companies try to get people's money.

They already have the customer paying all of the taxes that are put on the cable companies....we pay THEIR taxes!

That's why I just get the package that says 'Everything'.  That way I don't have to try to figure out which is best to buy, etc.

As it works out I only pay maybe 40$ more than she does.  She doesn't even have HD channels.

These stupid cable companies nickle and dime people to death.  It's a real racket.

Right now (8:00PM) Friday there's a Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel where I live.

I call this a feel good channel.  I watch them every now and then but I like murder and stuff.

I do love, love that there are people who love watching Hallmark.  My daugher also loves watching Hallmark.

Honored Contributor

@LogoFan I found an interview with Michelle Vicary that says the SSD movie will be mid-late 2020.  It's not set for 2019.

Also, Martha Williamson has signed on to do a bunch of other projects, so they have to wait for her to write this one after she's done with everything else.

I found nothing about the story being about Shane and Oliver getting married.  Just that it hasn't even been written yet.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35  I have read so many articles it is ridiculous.  I know at the very least that there is an upcoming movie called SSD AT the altar.  I give up.  I think I also got the 2 movies confused.  Looks like title of Rita & Norman's wedding movie was SSD TO the altar.  I think they should have come up with an entirely different name for Oliver & Shane.

I am not on Social Media so can only check internet to see what information is available.  Will just wait it out and see when next movie comes out.  Actually I see that Amazon has the Norman & Rita wedding DVD for sale now.

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Vabelle 35, just want to add here, please keep us posted if you see anything on social media on the SSD movies.  Would really appreciate that if you can.

Thanks so much.