Regular Contributor

HALLMARK MOVIES NOW SUBSCRIPTION

Anyone have any experience with this way of viewing Hallmark? I am thinking about joining because I'd like to see the new series "When Hope Calls" spun off of "When Calls the Heart". They do offer a free 7 day trial. Would love to hear your view point. TIA.

Super Contributor

Re: HALLMARK MOVIES NOW SUBSCRIPTION

I do have the subscription and it's worth it for us.  We like the Hall of Fame movies, holiday movies, and the different series.  It also has a nice archive of regular Hallmark movies.   Of course not all Hallmark movies are of the same quality..but if we watch even 2 movies a month we think we have value from it.

Regular Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

I do have the subscription and it's worth it for us.  We like the Hall of Fame movies, holiday movies, and the different series.  It also has a nice archive of regular Hallmark movies.   Of course not all Hallmark movies are of the same quality..but if we watch even 2 movies a month we think we have value from it.

@srgtdj 

Thank you for your response Marguerite. I'd really like to try it.

Honored Contributor

@laj3169   I get both the Hallmark station and the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries station on my cable.  I can pay more to get the Hallmark Drama station (or whatever the neweest one is) but won't.  I do love both of the stations I get, esp. HM&M because it shows great old TV shows that I can watch over and over again and not be bored with them (Murder She Wrote, Columbo, etc.).   I could do without all the Xmas movies both stations show (being Jewish) but usually even watch a couple of those.  Most of the Hallmark movies are really sappy and all are predictable.  The dialogue can be excruciatingly trite.  But some are also good and have decent acting.  It's kind of trial and error.

Beware of the series Cedar Cove with Andie MacDowell.   I gut really hooked to that one for its three (I think?) season run and the show ended rather abruptly and left us hanging about a lot of story lines in it.  That was a big disappointment.

Respected Contributor

Does the subscription channel have shows made exclusive for that channel only? I get all three of their cable channels. And do enjoy a lot, not all, of their programming. I thought the drama channel would also have some new exclusive shows for that channel but so far, have not seen any. They do run a lot of marathons: Little House on Prairie; Dr Quinn; Walton’s; and Love Comes Softly series of movies. Not sure what they will be offering during Christmas Holidays.
Regular Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@laj3169   I get both the Hallmark station and the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries station on my cable.  I can pay more to get the Hallmark Drama station (or whatever the neweest one is) but won't.  I do love both of the stations I get, esp. HM&M because it shows great old TV shows that I can watch over and over again and not be bored with them (Murder She Wrote, Columbo, etc.).   I could do without all the Xmas movies both stations show (being Jewish) but usually even watch a couple of those.  Most of the Hallmark movies are really sappy and all are predictable.  The dialogue can be excruciatingly trite.  But some are also good and have decent acting.  It's kind of trial and error.

Beware of the series Cedar Cove with Andie MacDowell.   I gut really hooked to that one for its three (I think?) season run and the show ended rather abruptly and left us hanging about a lot of story lines in it.  That was a big disappointment.

@Pearlee 

Thank you for responding. Right now I also get Hallmark and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channels which I enjoy a lot of the programming. I'm thinking about subscribing to the Hallmark Movies Now where you stream it on your computer. It is a new subscription service. I also was a fan of Cedar Cove.

Regular Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Does the subscription channel have shows made exclusive for that channel only? I get all three of their cable channels. And do enjoy a lot, not all, of their programming. I thought the drama channel would also have some new exclusive shows for that channel but so far, have not seen any. They do run a lot of marathons: Little House on Prairie; Dr Quinn; Walton’s; and Love Comes Softly series of movies. Not sure what they will be offering during Christmas Holidays.

@Kindaglitzy 

Thank you for responding to my question. I am seeking more information from people that already have subscribed to this new channel. I do think that Hallmark Movies Now has some shows that are exclusive for that channel. I was wanting to see "When Hope Calls", a spin off from "When Calls The Heart" and I think it is only available on Hallmark Movies Now channel. I have the regular Hallmark channel and also the Hallmark and Mysteries channel but not the drama channel. 

Contributor

This really ticks me off. We spend alot of money for cable and if we want to see additional movies from a company that we already pay for then we must pay more. Lifetime does this also. I basically watch movies so I am affected by this. I have done the math and if I cut out premium channels I could pay for Lifetime and Hallmark but then I lose out the other way.

Honored Contributor

Pretty soon they will find a way to charge us to breathe air.

I got a pal that watches Hallmark programming, but, I don't.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kat mom wrote:

This really ticks me off. We spend alot of money for cable and if we want to see additional movies from a company that we already pay for then we must pay more. Lifetime does this also. I basically watch movies so I am affected by this. I have done the math and if I cut out premium channels I could pay for Lifetime and Hallmark but then I lose out the other way.

@Kat mom  It ticks me off, too! Smiley Mad

There are three tiers offered with our cable company. We have the middle tier and it costs us $130 a month. That doesn't include any premium channels like HBO. The cheapest option is around $80 and doesn't include any of our favorite channels.

I would love to watch Star TrekSmiley Very Happyiscovery and the upcoming Star TrekSmiley Tongueicard but there's NO WAY I'm going to pay an additional monthly fee to watch just those two shows on CBS All Access.

It's bad enough that all the Disney/Marvel movies and shows will be leaving Netflix when Disney starts their streaming service. Same with the Warner Brothers shows on Netflix.

I'm sure in the coming years more studios will be going after more slices of the pie. I'm surprised that ABC, NBC and others haven't already started their own streaming services.

It's nothing but greed on the part of these companies. 

EDITED TO ADD: I have no idea why emojis were placed in with the Star Trek titles. Is Discovery a bad word? Or the name Picard?