Honored Contributor

Greer Garson, "Random Harvest" TCM Wednesday 6:45 a.m. Eastern

6:45 Eastern--  "Random Harvest"--   Boy, TCM gets Valentine's Day rolling with one of the most beautiful love stories.  I have never seen Ronald Colman more attractive than here, where, frightened and confused, he has walked out of a mental health hospital, and is discovered by easygoing vaudeville trouper, Greer Garson.

They form an attachment that is romantic and enduring, when one day his amnesia recurs and there is no one to bring him back to safety, this time.  The lovers are separated, but a series of fateful events begin to work in their favor, perhaps...

I always think of their little cottage of bliss as the quintessential Englsih rose-covered cottage, not sure if that's the literal case, but that's the FEELING...

THEN, another great British love story and TCM favorite...

11:00 a.m. Eastern--  "Brief Encounter"    You all know this--  little English market towns, trains, Celia Johnson, lots of steam, Trevor Howard, tea shops, insensitive friends, more trains, angst. Oh, and a musical score to die for!

Honored Contributor

Re: Greer Garson, "Random Harvest" TCM Wednesday 6:45 a.m. Eastern

I have watched portions of Random Harvest numerous times. I have never seen the beginning. Maybe tomorrow I will finally watch the movie from beginning to end. Thanks for the reminder.

I have seen Brief Encounter. So sad to watch. But I will definitely will watch again.

I was checking the schedule for TCM. So many good movies coming up through the month. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Valued Contributor

Re: Greer Garson, "Random Harvest" TCM Wednesday 6:45 a.m. Eastern

I love "Random Harvest" - that might be my favorite Greer Garson movie, although, I like so many of hers. You're right @Oznell, it is a beautiful love story, perfect for Valentine's Day. I like their English cottage too - every time I see the end of the movie I hope in the back of my mind that they buy that little cottage and have a second honeymoon there.

I wish it wasn't on so early, but, at least I have the DVD!