Honored Contributor

I watched a rerun last night....so funny! So cute!  Eva Gabor was perfect for the part of Lisa!  Just funny simple clean humor.  What happened to that? Where did that go?

New York lawyer Oliver Wendell Douglas longs for a simpler way of life. So he buys a farm, sight unseen, and moves there to live off the land, much to the chagrin of his socialite wife, Lisa. The collision of small-town life and Lisa's sophisticated ways -- she insists on wearing full-length gowns and ostentatious jewelry, even on the farm -- provide much of the humor in the show.
First episode date: September 15, 1965
Final episode date: April 27, 1971
Network: CBS
Program creator: Jay Sommers
Spin-off: The Simple Life
Esteemed Contributor

The theme song is roaring through my brain right now. Great show. 

Respected Contributor

Green Acres is on MeTV where I live.  We don't watch that but we have been watching the Andy Griffith Show, Happy Days, and Adam 12.  I enjoy it.  

Honored Contributor

One of my all time favorites!!!

Respected Contributor

I know I enjoy watching MeTv. It seems that I like the shows were most of the cast have passed on. Must be getting older.LOL

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

I know I enjoy watching MeTv. It seems that I like the shows were most of the cast have passed on. Must be getting older.LOL

@hellie jo   Eva Gabor and Eddie Albert were great friends on and off screen...no wonder the good chemistry they had on the show.  When Eva Gabor died in 1995, Eddie took it very hard.  He passed away in 2005. 

Honored Contributor

Tom Lester - who played Eb Dawson - died April 20, 2020.

He was the final surviving original Green Acres cast member.

Esteemed Contributor

one of my hubby's favorite old shows....he like the episodes with Arnold the pig....LOL

Honored Contributor

Eva was long time companion to Merv Griffin. At the time she passed away she was selling wigs on HSN, they still use her name now for the wigs they sell. 

Respected Contributor

I wasn't a big fan of the show but I always loved the Yorkie that she was always pampering.   

I think it was that show along with Joan Rivers getting Spike that prompted me to get my first Yorkie and with that came my life-long love of the breed.  

I'm going back a long way, but does anyone here remember when Johnny Carson's wife had her Yorkie stolen from her car while she was shopping in Manhattan?   He went on the air and pleaded for that person to return the dog and a few days later they got their dog back.   I often wondered how much they paid for it's return.