Esteemed Contributor

Good movie Netflex, I DO CARE.

Unbelievable.  Makes you wonder.  I,m elderly, so it hit home.  Gets suspenseful. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Good movie Netflex, I DO CARE.

FYI the movie is called "I Care A lot". It was a great movie. Best this year so far I have watched. Depends on the state you live in and their laws but court appointed guardianship by a company or stranger has been around a long time. Even a family member can apply to be your guardian. They usually let the person know in advance and that person can appear in person at the court or hire an attorney to challenge it. What scares me is the doctors who say you have dementia and it's not true. Usually there are medical tests that must be performed. I do know that there are many medical scams that are targeted at the elderly and one must know the laws in their state should something like this happen like in the movie. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was glued to my seat.  Loved the ending.

Honored Contributor

I haven't gotten around to see this yet but it's on my watchlist. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't like it at all, just made me 

angry .🤨

Trusted Contributor

We watched it Saturday night after reading a review of it from someone here on the boards.

Thought it was pretty good. But it is sad to see all the scans being pulled on people.  

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched it too.

Very creepy.

I love Dianne Wiest.

There was one of my favorite Hallmark actresses in it with a brief part as the one who was in a room of the business that was closed. Alicia Witt. She appeared a few times and I wish she had more of a part but glad to see she was getting in more widely watched things.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Scared the bejeezus out of me!  I hope this is pure fiction and couldn't actually happen.  It was a good story though. 

Regular Contributor

@Suzeecat , unfortunately, this is a frequent occurrence in Florida, where I live.

It is all over the news many times...

we have such a large elderly population and many have no one to help them or oversee their care ( I am in the medical profession).

So many have children, but their children do not want to be bothered, so a guardian steps up.

The latest  news story, in Orlando, a guardian was driving around in her Mercedes, living very, very well off of "her income ", she was adding DNRs to all of her clients against their will, so when the patients went to the hospital, they did not resuscitate.

The guardians charge very well for their services.

Esteemed Contributor

@skincaremaven wrote:

The latest  news story, in Orlando, a guardian was driving around in her Mercedes, living very, very well off of "her income ", she was adding DNRs to all of her clients against their will, so when the patients went to the hospital, they did not resuscitate.

The guardians charge very well for their services.

Did they give a reason for the DNR's?  In the movie, she was mad when someone died and they would need to cash out and distribute the inheritance to their next of kin.  Just seems like they'd be losing their cash cows...or, were they the ones who didn't have any $$$?  I guess that would make sense.  It's disgusting, but makes sense.