Respected Contributor

Re: Golden Bachelor - who gets final rose?

@magicmoodz   After reading your post, I feel I was right about him being a player.  Never said it before, but his voice alone turns me off. 

I mean what 70-ish man or woman wants to go on a show like this?  Would not be me.  I guess people of any age just love attention.  Whatever floats your boat as they say. Cat Wink

Respected Contributor

He seems like a nice man, but he doesn't appeal to me.  If I were on the show, I would have given any excuse to leave early, lol.

Respected Contributor

Maybe those who don't get a rose are the winners. I've just read that the Golden Bachelor might not be so golden, or the good guy he has portrayed.

An ex-girlfriend (former co-worker) has come forward stating they had a relationship that started shortly after his wife died. Sounds likel they lived together. 

She doesn't have very nice things to say about him, including he kicked her out because she gained ten pounds, but dissing an ex  isn't unusual. 

If true, he has been lying throughout the show about how he has been lovelorn since the death of his wife and hasn't had any significant involvement with anyone. Hmm. 

If the ex's claims are true, he sounds like a slick, conniving guy who had lots of folks fooled. Or, it could all be hogwash. Part of me is leaning toward believing the ex. 

Valued Contributor

@BlueFinch  I read this too. There is a big expose about him in The Hollywood Reporter.

He started dating her a few months after wife died & they lived together over a year & sounds like they were together almost 3. They met at mental health facility in Iowa where she was an accountant & he a maintenance man.  He made her go dutch, pay rent & make the bed before having breakfast & wouldn't take her to reunion because she gained 10 lbs.  He used same lines on her as he's using on current women. 

He also dated others short term. 

Hasn't been a restranteur since '85 when he sold a restraunt.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@AZfem Yes, I'm reading more now, too. If even half of this new information is true, the folks selecting a Bachelor need to do a better job of vetting those chosen for the role.

There should be contractual consequences for withholding information and leading ladies on with lies. He's sounding like a manipulative jerk. 

Valued Contributor

@BlueFinch He said he was thoroughly vetted. I wonder if the show decided on these things to make him more sympathic, more glamorous. 

Respected Contributor

@AZfem Well, he could have done some cover-up during the vetting, or maybe you're right. The show may have had a part in playing up his, poor lonesome heart scenario. Either way, it's really a bad look. Guess we'll have to see how it all plays out. 

Trusted Contributor

I did notice that he picked the ladies that were tiny,  and in good shape. I thought that was odd, his wife wasn't,  so maybe his " ex" was telling the truth about him.

Super Contributor

@Lostandscared He certainly didn't go for the more glamorous types.

Esteemed Contributor

I still think the concept of all these Bachelor, Bachelorette shows are cringy.  In fact, I feel thst way about all "reality" shoes.  There is nothing real about them.