Respected Contributor

Just a reminder the Golden Bachelor Wedding airs Thursday, January 4  from 8-10 pm.

Respected Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

Just a reminder the Golden Bachelor Wedding airs Thursday, January 4  from 8-10 pm.

Didn't the Golden Bachelor tv show start recently?  There's already a marriage?

Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Respected Contributor

Re: Golden Bachelor Wedding

[ Edited ]

@Estellee wrote:

Didn't the Golden Bachelor tv show start recently?  There's already a marriage?

Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

@Sunshine Kate It ended around the end of November. ABC is televising the wedding.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Estellee, and everyone,

Thanks for the reminder, I will be watching. It's also Theresa's birthday the same day!

Golden Bachelor, Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh ya, I forgot about that. I'm watching it. For some reason, I get a kick out of the show. The wedding is a bit rushed though. Hope it lasts. Everyone is on their best behavior when you first meet them. 

Respected Contributor

If that is her birthday the show must be behind because the first time she met him out of the limo was her birthday, she wore the birthday suit.  Strange that it is that far behind.

Regular Contributor

I watched the season and initially was intrigued.  As the show wore on I became increasingly alarmed about how much he idolized his "Toni", keeping pictures of her in the room and sobbing about her all the time.  If he wasn't ready yet to make a serious committment to someone, why did he go on the show?  Then to find out later after the season aired and was over, that he had a live in girlfriend one month after his wife died, I was greatly disappointed in the show's choice for a Golden Bachelor.  The stories that have come out about him make him appear like a cheap embellisher of the truth.  Even fat shaming his former girlfriend.  I am a pretty good reader of human behavior (did this for a living for over 30 years) so I have some experience in evaluting this for myself.  I will pass on the wedding.  He has already had his 15 minutes of fame and has been capitalizing on this even since. I may be lambasted for my opinion, but I stand by it.  Watch it if you want, I won't.

Respected Contributor

If Theresa is going through with this wedding, I hope she retained an excellent attorney and accountant to protect her interests in this marriage.

The last I read, things were a bit rocky for the "happy" couple.

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Ebby Calvin LaLoosh
Respected Contributor

@retiredatlast wrote:

I watched the season and initially was intrigued.  As the show wore on I became increasingly alarmed about how much he idolized his "Toni", keeping pictures of her in the room and sobbing about her all the time.  If he wasn't ready yet to make a serious committment to someone, why did he go on the show?  Then to find out later after the season aired and was over, that he had a live in girlfriend one month after his wife died, I was greatly disappointed in the show's choice for a Golden Bachelor.  The stories that have come out about him make him appear like a cheap embellisher of the truth.  Even fat shaming his former girlfriend.  I am a pretty good reader of human behavior (did this for a living for over 30 years) so I have some experience in evaluting this for myself.  I will pass on the wedding.  He has already had his 15 minutes of fame and has been capitalizing on this even since. I may be lambasted for my opinion, but I stand by it.  Watch it if you want, I won't.

@retiredatlast   I completely agree with you and I won't be watching the wedding either.  I watched the whole season and I am a big fan of Leslie and I'm so proud of how she didn't go down easy or back down and she really spoke her mind during the breakup.  She called Gerry out on his lies and I'm going to have a t-shirt custom made that says her best break-up  line, "I can think whatever the **** I want, Gerry!":.  I will not watch the wedding and I don't trust Gerry or his intentions- he had me fooled initially as a viewer of the show, but not for long! 

Trusted Contributor

@retiredatlast  I agree with your opinion about Gerry, there is something about him I don't trust. But I will probably tune in out of curiosity.