Esteemed Contributor

Re: God Friended Me - Cancelled

never watched it....

Esteemed Contributor

@debfau wrote:

So I found this info on another website - the decision was made early enough so the series’ creative team had time to craft the Season 2 finale as a series finale and give the show, from Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods., a proper ending.

Thank heavens! (no pun intended)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I liked watching this show.  Of course, I am spending more time watching British shows.  Not to mention TCM, the History channel, the Smithsonian channel, and standard public TV.

Honored Contributor

That's disappointing.  I really enjoy that show.  If they end it with finding out that a person is behind the God account I will be upset.  God is the only possible way anyone could possibly know where all those people would be and that Miles was going to meet them right before he got their name.  There's no other explanation.  It's not believable that a person could be behind it.

I would like it to end with them finally accepting that as the answer.

I hope Cara and Miles don't get back together.  I would like for Miles to meet someone else and start dating them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  yes it is disappointing but for me not surprising. This season took too long to reach the quality of the episodes that we saw in the first season. Along the way viewers were lost; some of whom never returned. I could see that trend even in our threads. I also hope Cara and Miles are not reunited.

@wilma  wanted to make sure you saw this since you asked the question in the season thread about whether the show had been renewed.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am very dissappointed in this. A nice wholesome show that everyone could watch, and always had a nice message behind it, and now cancelled! Jeeze! .....So Sad! I loved this show........My mom will be dissappointed as well....

Edited to say I didn't read all of the messages, just saw the headlines and wrote my message. At least there will be closure......I hope Kara and Miles don't end up together also, I think he needs to find someone new to date....I am really bummed about this, between this being cancelled and Dr. Melendez dying on The Good Doctor, I am really mad!lol.

Valued Contributor

I am sad to see this cancelled because it had great promise.  I really liked Miles and his dad.  I think this year's writing was not what it could have been.  Cara is become completely unlikeable and I hope Miles gets over her.  I do hope they write a good ending. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This show is awful, same stuff every week. Don't hate me and don't scorn me here either.

Valued Contributor

I hope  the ending doesnot involve the death of miles sister  ali....

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

I hope  the ending doesnot involve the death of miles sister  ali....

I have a feeling it will end with Ali on the road to a full recovery.