Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@Tique wrote:
GH Spoilers: Cyrus’ Last Stand!

Chris Eades

Prepare for an explosive week! Maxie is desperate to save her baby girl, Peter puts his plans into action as Liz vows to put a stop to his evil, and Cyrus makes his desperate last stand!..

...Portia came home to find an injured and desperate Cyrus hiding there. And now, as he’s taken the doctor hostage in her own house, Jordan, Taggert, Curtis, Laura, and Kevin are all outside with the cops trying to defuse the situation. A piercing scream from inside has everyone fearing the worst as Portia shrieks: “No!” And it appears that Laura goes inside to see if she can talk her brother down as the siblings face off against each other. Can Cyrus be stopped before anyone else dies?

source: soapsindepth

It is my theory [and we know I'm never wrong] this week's episodes were originally supposed to be a part of May Sweeps. Unfortunately this happens when a plethora of shows are preempted.

@Tique  And if there's one thing we know we can count on it's that ABC will preempt this soap at the drop of a hat... To ABC, anything becomes national news worthy of interrupting the show, and if the network doesn't do it then the locals will. In both cases, it's usually for something that really could have waited...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

GH Cyrus Laura

Don't care what you all say, now THAT is hot-hot-hot...

gag.gif

Honored Contributor

The following is a PSA:

If that picture of Cyrus appears in another post, the Mods will be forced to take the entire thread down. People's eyes can only tolerate so much.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Esteemed Contributor

LOL oh boy, I fast forwarded thru much of last week's episodes. I did really enjoy the Britt and Jason scenes and he actually had thoughtful lines. Amazing!

One question that came to my mind is -- does Peter really have the antidote? but I guess he's been giving small samples so maybe that proves it does exist.

Geez, I wanted to throw something at the tv set with the scenes with Milquetoast and Willow. I don't know of ANYONE that understanding! Ugh.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique Personally I was sorry that Jason was such a lousy shot in that situation although there was a lot of movement in that scene so I can understand.

and then of course there was the whole Dante self-righteous scene afterward. They ALL know Jason didn't kill Franco and heck the bad guys were trying to kill other people so why isn't it self-defense?  Makes me grind my teeth.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb @Tique it doesn't have to even remotely be newsworthy for them to preempt the show. Heck last week the news would have started locally at 4 p.m. and they preempted it for some reason. I was annoyed enough that I didn't bother to watch whatever it was that they were determined to tell me with 10 minutes left in the regularly scheduled program!

Esteemed Contributor

LOL @stevieb oh gosh your post made me laugh.

I despise the stupidity of the SMINA stuff. When they first started the whole Sonny lost his memory thing, it sort of made sense but now they have simply driven it off the cliff of makes no sense at all.

I'm a big Jason fan (actually a Steve Burton fan) so I'm enjoying this because he's actually doing something different instead of standing around stoically saying "I need my lawyer" or consoling/talking Carly off the ledge or Sam who can't make up her mind.

I am totally with you regarding the silliness of Maxi wandering around in the woods and the sudden appearance of the "doctor" at just the right time. I was stunned, stunned I say!

As far as the trio (which I guess is slightly better than the quartet since Sasha has moved on), heavens knows they all make me gag. I guess the whole doe eyed and milqutoastiness has gotten on my nerves. I guess I look at that from my own perspective and well yes, call me possessive if you like but my guy was MY guy and I don't share. Many years ago there was some female who thought she could be all cutsie poo with my guy. That lasted about 5 minutes until I explained to her that it was a big NOPE!

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Tique Personally I was sorry that Jason was such a lousy shot in that situation although there was a lot of movement in that scene so I can understand.

and then of course there was the whole Dante self-righteous scene afterward. They ALL know Jason didn't kill Franco and heck the bad guys were trying to kill other people so why isn't it self-defense?  Makes me grind my teeth.

@GinaV24  Now that they've cleaned Dante up and he's back on the force with a gun and a badge, I have a feeling a very little bit of him is going to go a very long way.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you recognize this man?  He's had a highly active and somewhat impressive television career going back to the 1980's...

Jeff Kober - IMDb

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Do you recognize this man?  He's had a highly active and somewhat impressive television career going back to the 1980's...

Jeff Kober - IMDb

Is it CYRUS??? @stevieb YUCK 🤢 Even then!